One of our clients, a reputable property development company, based in the Durban area, are looking to appoint an astute portfolio manager to provide leadership and strategic direction for the operation of all the properties within the group portfolio.
The successful candidate will be directly responsible for Maximizing occupancy, minimizing operating costs and generating operating income, that is aimed at meeting or exceeding the budget as well as establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with tenants.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- To develop the annual budget of each property within the Group portfolio as well as the Divisional Budget for the Management Company.
- To monitor the financial and operational performance of the buildings and recommend and implement changes to ensure that objectives are met.
- Analyse market conditions, occupancy trends and competitive pricing in order to make recommendations in respect of market rents, renewal rates and retention programmes.
- Oversee the effective management and maintenance of each asset, provide capital improvement recommendations and authorize in terms of Group Policy.
- Participate in the purchase and disposal of Group assets.
- Establish new relationships and maintain key tenant relationships.
- Ensure quality tenant relations and resolve escalated issues.
- Ensure that key service provider relationships are maintained.
- Ensure compliance to Company policies and procedures and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitor rental collection and record variances to Manco.
- Work with Legal team on issues involving lease compliance and review status of litigation cases.
- Oversee insurance of each asset and ensure claims are appropriately managed.
- Provide ongoing supervision of direct reports, providing daily work direction, scheduling, performance evaluations, training.
- Overseeing of portfolio team of Lease Administrator and Operations Managers and assist and advise them on performing their jobs to the best of their ability and for the benefit of the group as a whole.
- Interact with Financial Managers, Bookkeepers and Administrators.
- Ensure Company policies and procedures are being adhered to.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- A Bachelor Degree in Property or Commerce
- 10-15 years professional knowledge and/ or work experience
- Leadership capabilities
- Financial & business acumen is a must!
- results driven
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- student mentality, adaptability
- initiative and solution orientated
- analyzing information and clear presentation of collated information
- dealing with complexities
- excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building skills
If you meet the criteria above and are looking for a new challenge , in an amazing organization where credit is given where due, then this is the opportunity for you! we would love to hear from you. Kindly submit your CV through for consideration, please remember to include a recent head to shoulder photo of yourself.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skill/ experience and qualifications.
If you have not hear from our team within 2 weeks, please consider your application non successful.