Job Duties and Responsibilities
- New Product Development Funnel: Recommend new innovative products
- Product Development: Conduct necessary research in order to shortlist potential products and diligently carry out necessary sensory assessment, packaging review and costing. Deliver engaging training material in order to roll out to stores.
- Work with cross functional teams (commercial, procurement, operations and marketing) to ensure that products are commercially viable, operationally feasible and on brand.
- Product testing: Conduct thorough and detailed consumer research, product testing, risk assessments and trialling to identify and prevent post launch issues in store. Ensure relevant paper trail in place.
- Supplier relationships: Build relationships with suppliers and work with them to identify and develop new innovation. Identify new potential suppliers for innovation.
- New Product Development systems: Contribute to building New Product Development processes and systems
- Projects: Lead and deliver New Product Development projects to a high standard and to agreed timelines
- Make a valuable contribution towards developing and improving our New Product Development systems and processes.
- Support the team with day-to-day adhoc tasks e.g. buying ingredients, making samples and planning photoshoots
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science
- 2-3 years in Product Development
Cape Town, South Africa,
2 to 3 years
R17000 to R18000
Job Reference #: