Our client based in Uitenhage is looking to employ a Production and Logistics Strategist. The successful incumbent will be the key custodian of the Production & Logistics Corporate Strategy from conceptualization to execution, including continuous reviews, refresh and re-alignment with the overall Group, Brand and internal strategies/initiatives.
Continuous development of the Manufacturing Excellence strategy and the following related functions:
• Establishment of the Strategy and implementation of a Plant-wide Manufacturing Excellence training program for all employees including continuous refresh.
• Establishment and roll out of the Communication strategy, including Corporate identity and Branding concept.
• Preparation and presentation to various leadership forums such as BoM, Pillar review, Production Management meeting, etc.
• Management and integration of Group & Brand strategies/initiatives (Transform Together, Together for Integrity, etc.) into Manufacturing Excellence.
• Synchronization of Value Stream mapping activities with Manufacturing Excellence. • Incorporation of internal partner divisions into Manufacturing Excellence plans and activities. • Benchmarking with Group plants and the local Auto industry on best practices as a continuous stimulus to maintain and develop strategy momentum.
• Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Management, Finance, Economics or equivalent.
• Must have a minimum 3 years’ experience in the consultancy industry and a minimum of 5 years technical expertise in transport and manufacturing.
• Knowledge in strategy development from conceptualization to execution and management thereof.
• Have solid experience in Project management, Manufacturing processes, and Financial acumen.
• Must be computer literate in advanced PowerPoint, advanced Excel, Outlook and Thinkcell.
• Must have leadership qualities and communication skills to handle senior management interaction, complex and wide-ranging discussions, influencing/convincing others of his/her views.
• Must be administratively strong.
• Self-driven, takes initiative, a strong negotiator with clear opinions, good communicator, analytical/creative/innovative thinker, and good inter-personal skills.
• Proficient in German language.
• Extended network with external relevant stakeholders (government officials, consulting industry, other OEM’s, tertiary institutions, etc.).
• Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and the entire value chain.
• Digitalization/Technology savvy.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response from our offices within two weeks of applying.