- Full responsibility for manufacture of products from design stage to finished product which includes establishing efficient and effective processes for each stage of the manufacturing life cycle
- Quality control and quality management. Ensure outputs meet the standards established i.e. high-quality clothing produced in an efficient, cost effective and in a timely manner.
- Management of production staff including assigning activities, monitoring performance and enforcing company policies
- Establishment of productivity and quality benchmarks, diagnosing productivity and quality issues, developing and implementing plans to address productivity and quality issues
- Daily monitoring and collection of manufacturing activity data and analysis and reporting of manufacturing activity data
- Planning and budgeting of all manufacturing activities including annual, quarterly and monthly production planning according to client requirements
- Responsibility for commercial performance of manufacturing unit
- 5+ years in a production manager role
- Senior management experience with commercial responsibilities will be an advantage
- In depth understanding of sewing and garment construction including detailed knowledge of apparel production and quality control required
- Technical fabric knowledge including shrinkage, wash and dye processes.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a garment manufacturing environment
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Organized, systematic and high attention to detail
- Good communicator
- Good team player