JOB PURPOSE & KEY METRICS
· Drive Business across the Distributors in the assigned countries within MENA Region
· Develop & execute Expansion and Productivity enhancement plans across Retail, Wholesale and E-Commerce Channels to maximize business opportunity. Areas of focus includes:
o Business Expansion (Blueprint, Channel Mix, Investments, market coverage, penetration etc.)
o Profitability of each channel & Brand POV (market share etc.)
· Build and Drive aligned Short and Long Term Business plans through the Distributors
o Build Robust Partners - drive sustainable business plans and results thru them
o Assess and scale their capability. Ensure infrastructure for execution of sustainable results
· Drive and Manage the following core process:
o Operations, Account planning & Mgmt., Incentive programs for the market, Business Results(Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly/Annual)
· Plan and Deliver a well defined annual business plan & KPIs
· Sell-in (units/revenue)for Each Distributor
· Accounts receivables (Collection)
· Gross Margins for the assigned Territory
· Sell thru and Retail KPIs for each Channel
· Distributor Infrastructure Development including Number of Stores, People, Investments, etc
1. Planning (Annual Financial Plan, Quarterly & Monthly Sales Plan)
- Gather, analyze data on market, consumers, competitors into intelligence that informs sales planning for the market by Quarter and Month
- Break down targets by door; Retail, Wholesale & E-Commerce, along with appropriate product offering /price point that this channel’s structural economics is built on. This includes expansion and new market strategy which is a key component of growth for this channel
- Analyze Sell thru and inventory data to increase forecast accuracy & drive the S&OP metrics for the market.
2. Partner Management
- Execute Retail, Wholesale and E-Commerce capability and SOPs for on boarding, managing and scaling- as defined by the Geo
- Drive business plans and ensure appropriate ROIs for the stakeholders
- Build Distributor Infrastructure to deliver Short term and Long Term Objectives of the Organization (inventory, market activation, Distributor team Capability Development etc.)
- Drive penetration and coverage –through appropriate Department Store or Multi-brand key account initiatives
3. Distribution Hygiene and delivery
- Set Up & drive uniform processes to manage key stakeholders performance parameters (e.g. resourcing norms, reports productivity, stock holding, serviceability etc.
- Ensure well-executed Go-To-Market process (Account planning & Mgmt of key partners)
- Track monthly performance (off-takes, inventory levels, ROI, productivity) against plan and proactively identify solutions to close performance gaps for the Department Store Channel
- Execute the Sales GTM process to achieve the required level of service efficiency
- Drive regional and channel level financial metric clarity on AR, Dilution etc. Drive and deliver Collections
- Guide/aid development and execution of training / interventions to enhance the key stakeholders sales team competency in product knowledge, selling skills and data accuracy reporting.
- Install appropriate IT infrastructure for sales information and decision support
- Drive incentive program or category push initiatives as appropriate
- Coach and manage the team’s performance in the management of Key Stakeholders
Direct Reports: Assistant Sales Manager for Dept Stores and Traditional Wholesale, Sales Coordinator
Key Relationships: Merchandising, Marketing, Planning, Logistics, Finance & Brand Environment.
Annual Budget Under His/Her Responsibility: Revenue Plan
List required minimum education, years and type of experience and the competencies (knowledge, skills & abilities) required to perform the job.
Include the complexity of decision making and problem solving.
- Post Graduate Degree in Business or Marketing
- Minimum 12-15 years of experience in managing Retail/Distribution. Preferably with last 4-5 years in apparel/retail.
- Should have led a region/ large business in a region
- Should have managed a P&L of the channel - have experience in managing large distributors and have exposure to growing their business along with the company’s strategic direction.
- Business planning for medium & near term (Financial, Capability Management, Retail KPIs etc.)
- Strong Planning and attention to detail
- Ability to manage large partners and sustain profitable business partnerships
- Strong Commercial acumen
- Good business development and negotiation skills - Create win-win solutions for all
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making
- Data interpretation and number analysis
- Ability to deal with multiple partners
- People Management – ability to lead, coach , manage performance and careers