Purpose of position:
This role is positioned in the Enterprise Productivity Team, within Infrastructure and Operations environment and will be reporting to the Line Manager. The environment is comprised of a multi-site, multi-forest Active Directory infrastructure, and supports MS Exchange-based messaging services, MS SharePoint collaboration services, MS SQL Services, Single Sign-on services, File and Print Services, MS-based configuration and software update management systems, systems performance management and infrastructure management tools.
The Incumbent will be responsible for:
- Administration and troubleshooting of all System Centre components, including but not limited to SC Operations Manager, SC Configurations Manager, SC Virtual machine manager and SC Orchestrator. Including Azure cloud components.
- Administration and troubleshooting of various Microsoft technology sets, including but not limited to Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, DNS, Lync, DHCP and Office 365.
- Administration and troubleshooting of various 3rd party applications such as Citrix and Mcafee EPO.
- Administration and troubleshooting of Hypervisor platforms and underlying hardware infrastructure, including VMWare ESX, Hyper-V as well as IBM and HP hardware knowledge.
- Must be well traversed in Microsoft based platforms and operating systems.
- Resolve incidents and fulfil service requests using a service management ticket tool and change management processes.
- Provide level 3 support for core Windows roles and features.
- Maintain, enhance and develop server systems
- Maintain server infrastructure to ensure minimal service disruption and the efficient running business systems, by adhering to ITIL foundation principles or equivalent documented procedures.
- Provide general 2nd level operational support across a stack of technology sets
- System and application installation and configuration.
- Ensuring that response times are kept within the parameters set in the SLA, including proactive problem identification and resolution.
- Provide input into the development of IT processes and policies.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Matric certificate
- Minimum 4 years working experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of SLA’s
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experienced with multiple hardware platforms and operating systems
- Flexible to work longer hours when required
- Own transport
- Must be in possession of at least two of the following certifications / qualifications :
- Storage and Hardware (Various)
- or similar
- Team Player
- Communication on all levels
- Accepting change and challenges
- Working Independently and providing self-direction
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Design and Implement
- Willing to learn new technologies, accept challenges
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation, enhancement or change
- Adhere to internal Admin processes (i.e. Time allocation per task etc.)
- Actively respond to incidents and requests
- Execute change management activities