To engage with and manage the relationships with customers, service providers and stakeholders, to build in-depth knowledge of their business, products, systems, processes and data, thereby having the capacity to influence customer and business strategy related to deriving value from data and information assets, and enable business intelligence. To lead the design and development of high quality sustainable software solutions relevant to business needs, within specified timelines, while maintaining the overall architectural integrity. To partner with stakeholders, to successfully release software solutions into production and to thereafter take accountability for software application maintenance and support, as a service provider to the operational team and to business. Serve as Technical lead to direct development strategy, technology, and guide development team. Senior Oracle Developer to develop and maintain in accordance to technical specifications and in line with required development quality and standards.
- Senior Oracle Developer to develop and maintain in accordance to technical specifications and in line with required development quality and standards.
- To provide leadership within the development team, by driving the collective thinking of the team, and ultimately influence the broader team strategy, prioritization, planning and operational model.
- Architectural design functions with key interest and focus on latest Oracle technologies.
- Strong analytical skills with a key focus on the ability to understand, translate, design and convert business requirements into design, requirements and specification documents.
- Involved in development and implementation of new requirements or changes to existing modules in a design, development and development lead role.
- Methodical approach to issue resolution, gap analysis and new development, using the documentation standards adhered to by the Development team.
- Understand and analyze business requirements from a functional perspective and efficiently translate these requirements into the relevant technical documents.
- Identify and resolve key issues related to code change requirements, bug fixes or new development requirements.
- Actively involved in knowledge transfer both within the Development team and to the RAS users.
- Good understanding and management of the full support process
- Perform database and application tuning and performance monitoring
- Plan growth and changes and Perform general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development team
- Provide Patch Management and Version Control.
- Proven ability to implement new successful projects
- Re-alignment of the Oracle environment to ensure optimal internal and external client satisfaction.
- Improve business continuity
- Work within the structures and operational processes and procedures for effective functioning.
· BSc Computer Science Degree.
· Oracle certification
· ITIL Service Management Framework Certification
· 5 - 10 years’ hands on experience in IT Software Development and 5 years’ experience in database development.
· ITIL Service Management Experience.
· Advanced Oracle Database Technology and PL/SQL experience.
· Financial Services Industry background
· New project development experience
· Large complex project development experience
· Application and database design
· Data architecture
· Technical lead
· Systems Analysis
· Expert level knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL, with Oracle certification
· Solid knowledge of Oracle core technologies (database, development, reporting, middleware)
· Competent knowledge of several development languages, e.g.: Java, .Net, C++
· Knowledge of data warehouse and data integration concepts
· Experience in analysis techniques
· Proven skills in root cause analysis, and the ability to tailor make solutions to address identified issues
· Applied systems thinking in solving complex problems
· Understanding of the inter-relativity of the larger system
· Excellent analytical (data/statistical/ information), process and documentation skills
· Data modelling skills - compulsory
· Understanding of process and project methodologies. Sound understanding of SDLC and PLC
· Ability to assess and understand client business and technology needs
· Strong implementation capability
· Data analysis experience
· Ability to develop advanced algorithms with associated pseudo code and high quality PL/SQL code. Knowledge of Toad
· Good knowledge and ability to perform DBA tasks in Oracle
· Always up to date on latest Oracle technology and functionality
· Knowledge of Modelling methods and relational database theory
· Development of ETL applications from source systems
· Knowledge of Multi-Tier Client-Server applications.
· Knowledge of programming constructs and algorithms for data