Our client, an innovative software and data services house is on the hunt for a Senior Scala Developer to join their team. They market leading skills in software delivery, data management, modelling and pricing. Their mission is to deliver exceptional infrastructure, software and data products that solve customer problems using the “right” technologies.
The Senior Scala Developer will be responsible for the building of our client's new platform, whilst performing requisite diagnostics and monitoring tools for early detection of system faults. Incumbent will have to perform continuous feedback loops with stakeholders to ensure the highest quality outcomes.
- Keen to learn and get exposure to a wide range of technologies?
- Do you want to work on an industry leading platform?
- Do you have a passion for writing quality and testable code?
- Do you enjoy working in a continuous delivery environment?
- Develop software iteratively that works seamlessly in a continuous deployment environment
- Work closely with Traders and 1st line support to troubleshoot customer issues
- Provide 3rd line application support when required
- Be an active member of the team suggesting ways we can learn and improve
- Someone with a passion for functional languages
- A solid understanding and demonstrable experience with Scala and the JVM environment
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Proven record in developing scalable, highly-available and highly-performing middle-tier components
- Experience in developing HTTP-based APIs and implementation of RESTful services with JSON
- Push technologies (e.g. Akka, Web Sockets, SignalR)
- Experience with communications technologies (e.g. WCF, Web API, Google Protocol Buffers) and message queues (e.g. Kafka, Rabbit MQ)
- Worked on UI frameworks such as React/Angular/Knockout
- Experience with relational (e.g. PostgreSQL) and NoSQL data stores (e.g. Cassandra and MongoDB) and in-memory distributed caches (e.g. Redis, Aerospike)
- Proven ability in delivering fully-tested software iteratively and continuously
- Fully equipped to deliver software on a multi-developer environment
- You enjoy autonomy and responsibility
Nice to have:
- Understanding of concurrency and distributed systems
- Understand the concepts of REST and HATEOS
Please submit your CV to email@example.com. When applying, please include the job title in the subject line. Only suitably qualified/shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of submission, please consider your application unsuccessful.