A leading foreign language recruitment & placement company is seeking a General Manager to spearhead the Cape Town office. While working as an integral part of an international team, the General Manager reports directly to the MD and takes full ownership for the running of the branch as a whole; ensuring maximisation of financial performance, client and candidate satisfaction, as well as staff development. This role is ideal for a leader with management experience, ideally from an HR background/ recruitment background, who wants to take the next step with an internationally growing business.
This exciting opportunity offers the following responsibilities:
- In consultation with the MD, ensures the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business.
- Ensures that company targets and key performance areas are met.
- Explores the market best practices in recruitment and staffing and implements appropriate best practices in the organisation.
- Manages, develops and maintains the recruitment process in the organisation.
- Actively recruit and take on own clients as business needs arise.
- Responsible for business development and growth of client/candidate base.
- Understands the legal and APSO regulations affecting recruitment operations, ensuring the business is always operated in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any authority.
- Leadership & HR: Directly supervises 2 to 10 employees including all departmental functions (such as HR, Reception, Administration, Operations, IT etc.). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies, training programs, and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Finance & Reporting: Prepares financial reports for management that clearly explain operational effectiveness, trends and variances.
- Responsible for invoicing of clients.
- Regular reporting on performance of the team and keeping track of recruiting metrics (e.g. time-to-fill and cost-per-hire) as requested by management.
- Actively participates in the annual budget-planning process.
- Fluent in English, basic in German
- Bachelor’s degree and/or extensive relevant experience within Recruitment Industry
- 3 years proven HR, Recruitment and Selection experience or similar
- 3 + years management experience ideally in similar environment
- Proven work experience with international candidates and clients
- Strong knowledge of recruitment practices, metrics, and guidelines
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Office 365
- Familiarity with social media and other professional networks (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook etc.)
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Highly self-organised with excellent people skills
- Positive, outgoing and pro-active personality
- Own transport
Why should I apply?
- Competitive remuneration package plus bonus structure
- Provident Fund
- Flexible working hours
- Company parking in building
- Annual, Study leave and Birthday leave days
- Career development and ongoing sponsored industry-training
- Be part of an fun and dynamic team within an internationally growing business
In addition, potential profit share or shareholding options can be discussed.
If you are interested, meet the above requirements and want to find out more, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Esther Acker.