Project Management & Quality
• Accountable for writing strategic, concise and actionable creative briefs involving key stakeholders at the commencement of projects ensuring that packaging requirements (packaging format and commercial parameters) are included.
• Partner with the agency’s creative team to manage internal and external creative resources to deliver creative solutions to the brief on time and on budget.
• Ensure adherence to design process critical path and provide weekly status updates on packaging design to Head of Account Management: Packaging and Foods stakeholders.
Business & Commercial Management
• Manage and deliver the fee income targets for Foods, reporting bi-weekly on target delivery and forecast to Head of Account Management: Packaging.
• Manage effective cost management through revenue forecasting, profitability management and resource planning.
• Accurately and effectively estimate work based on the requirements of the brief.
• Ensure Head of Design & Traffic approval in terms of design resources required.
• Build partnerships with Foods, Visual Merchandise, Brand Management, Packaging Technology, Online and Customer teams to ensure creative is effectively communicated to deliver one brand look and feel.
• Maintain awareness of marketing and industry trends within packaging, technology and print.
• Understand the company position in the marketplace relative to its competitors
• Consult Head of Design on a day-to-day basis, providing overall vision and direction for creative work and ensuring business context is correct.
• Excellent judge of creative and able to articulate and champion a case in any Packaging/Creative forum
• Attend Design Forum and Creative Reviews and action debriefs with relevant stakeholders.
• Relevant Degree / Diploma
• A minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in Packaging Design / Retail / FMCG / Agency experience including printing processes
• Technical knowledge across all elements of marketing and packaging
• Experience in managing budgets and teams
• Foods experience
• Ability to understand and interpret local and international design trends
• Excellent planning and organising skills with the ability to multi-task and work toward deadlines
• Good communication, teamwork and relationship building skills