Report to: Client Business Lead
About IOS Group:
IOS Group is a Multi-SETA and QCTO accredited skills development institution, established in 2001.
Purpose of the role:
• The Account Manager is responsible for identifying new business opportunities, developing and submitting proposals, and working with the relevant managers in exploring all potential sales and business
development opportunities, in order to increase revenue.
• The successful incumbent will be the lead point of contact for specific clients and needs to anticipate the clients’ needs, bring in new business from existing clients, and work within the company to ensure
deadlines for clients are met.
• The role of the Account Manager is to keep the company competitive by establishing the right systems, processes and strategies to meet the company’s customer acquisition and revenue growth targets.
• Achieve growth and sales targets by successfully managing resources and processes.
• Design and implement a sales strategy that expands the company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence in the market.
• Understand and analyse the training and organisational development landscape and identify opportunities for new business.
• Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
• Resolve key client issues and complaints and manage internal delivery to meet client needs.
• Generate new business from existing clients and maximise profits by up-selling, cross-selling and proposing solutions that meet client objectives.
• Negotiate contracts with clients, establish performance timelines and ensure that all client needs, and deliverables are met according to agreed timelines.
• Prepare and submit proposals, tenders, expressions of interest, skills levy applications, discretionary grant applications, funding and learnership applications, and quotations in cooperation with relevant internal
staff and external stakeholders.
• Plan and present reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, stakeholders, and for possible use in future case studies or company training.
• Maintain an efficient documentation and filing system for both paper and electronic records.
• Contribute to all relevant projects as required.
• A relevant Bachelors’ degree or equivalent qualification.
• A minimum of five years’ work experience in sales, business development, or key account management, consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation.
• Results driven with proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
• Strong negotiation skills, with ability to follow-through on client contracts.
• Strong business sense and industry expertise with proven results of delivering client solutions.
• Excellent planning and time management skills and ability to prioritise within a busy workload.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Initiative to work with a minimum of supervision.
• Discretion with personal and confidential information.
• Microsoft Office Intermediate.
• A valid Driver’s License.
• Experience with CRM software will be an added advantage
• Experience in the Education & Training industry will be an added advantage