Accountant Constantia Cape Town
Our Accounting Firm Client in Constantia Southern Suburbs Cape Town is looking for an Accountant with 3-5 years accounting / bookkeeping experience. You can be SAIPA Qualified or just experienced as an accountant. You can also be SAICA’s /AGA(SA) qualified but NOT A MUST. FULL ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL though – NON NEGOTIABLE
• Accounting Financial Certificate or Degree Advantageous
• SAIPA Accountant registration – Added Advantage BUT NOT A MUST
• You can also have - SAICA’s / AGA(SA) – BUT NOT A MUST
• 3-5 years Accountant experience from an accounting firm prospective
• Supervise and initiating the processing of client information cheques, receipts, sales invoices, purchase invoices
• Perform bank reconciliations.
• Processing and reconciling of Petty Cash and cash control accounts
• Keeping of a fixed asset register
• General journals – e.g. depreciation, provisions, interest, salaries, stock, etc.
• Process journal entries e.g. new instalment sale agreements, interest on borrowings, provisions, accruals of income and expenses, bad debts etc.
• Reconcile debtors and creditors statements.
• Correct accounting treatment on disposal of assets (property, plant & equipment) and investments and the calculation of the taxation on capital gains/losses.
• Analyse the resulting trial balance for mistakes / deviations and be able to discuss the results with the client.
• Analytical review of AFS – GP%, Inventory days, Creditors days, Debtors days
• Produce a draft set of financials
• Prepare the notes to financial statements
• Identifying provisions and contingent liabilities
• Calculate the tax liability for sole proprietors, individuals, close corporations and trusts, small business corporations, and partnerships.
• Reconciliations of input/output VAT to monthly trial balance.
• Compiling and discussing with the client of monthly management accounts.
• On-the-job training and development of junior members if required.
• Provisional tax calculations
• Maintain strong client relationships
• Good communicator with Clients and colleagues
• Strong management skills, leadership and organisational abilities.
• Able to work on their own and run a portfolio of clients.
• Meet monthly deadlines timeously.
• Have a thorough knowledge of Payroll, VAT and efiling
FROGG Recruitment SA