Title: Actuarial Assurance Specialist: Group Internal Audit
Area: Cape Town
Salary: R to R (Depending on experience)
Brief Description :
My client is a leader in the financial services and insurance sector operating in over 30 countries outside South Africa on the rest of the African continent as well as significant operations worldwide. The Group Office serves as the 'glue' that keeps the Group together by providing strategic direction and support to the five clusters to assist them in meeting their business objectives. The Group Office is also responsible for the Group's centralised functions, which include: Finance, Actuarial, Risk Management, Information Technology, Human Resources, Market Development and Brand Services.
Qualified actuary (FASSA / FIA / FSA) - non-negotiable.
Experience, Skills and Competencies Requirements
* Working knowledge of Solvency II and/or SAM (Pillar 1 and Pillar 2/ORSA).
* Working knowledge of Insurance accounting, regulatory and governance developments (e.g. IFRS17 and King IV).
* Experience in an assurance function will be to your advantage.
* SA citizens only.
Brief Key Performance Areas
* Overall planning and execution of actuarial internal audit assurance assignments group-wide
* Provide specialist assurance over the Group's regulatory development projects such as SAM, Solvency II, ICS, IFRS17, etc. This specifically relates to the control environments around actuarial data and modelling, actuarial processes, valuations and reporting functions
* The Group is faced by challenging regulatory changes, which include prudential and market conduct regulations. Internal Audit's role is to provide assurance over the robustness of processes and controls included in the designed solutions. This would include reviewing and challenging:
* Actuarial-related valuation processes and model validation/governance.
* The development of other calculation/reporting bases (e.g. IFRS17, ICS, etc.)
* Adequacy of Risk Management and Actuarial control functions across the Group, as well as ORSA processes and reporting functionality established under SAM/Solvency II.
For more information, please call or email
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.