* MSPI (Managed Services Provisioning Interface) is the Business's system which provisions corporate customer's sales orders received from Siebel, a CRM Front End System.
* Both Converged and GSM Product Orders are created on Siebel and submitted to MSPI via Integration for provisioning/activation before an order can be submitted for billing to the
* relevant billing system (Sage Line 500).
* MSPI integrates with various third party vendors and systems within the business via an Integration layer known as OSB Fusion.
* The primary function for the developer is to perform detailed design of systems in accordance with the proposal accepted by the customer.
Role responsibilities and key focus areas
* Provides support for customer services occasionally
* Perform technical design to translate customer service requirements into technical specifications adequate to develop systems in such a way that the required services are realised
* Document the technical design to level of detail sufficient to allow a developer other than the author to build the system.
* Participate in the design of new services as required.
* Write technical reports where required.
* Develop code while working within the required development standards to deliver systems as per the requirements of each project.
* Keep abreast of latest development technologies and capabilities to ensure world class solution delivery.
* Actively participate in the testing phase of the project to fix identified bugs or enhancements.
* Participate as required in the deployment of the system to the production environment and in testing in conjunction with the customer to confirm the proper functioning of all services. Record test results in the designated repositories.
* Perform tests prior to the customer beginning to use the system and in accordance with prescribed test standards and record the results in the repositories designated for the purpose.
* Work on changes after a change has been logged and approved.
* Check in source code daily and only commence with work after the latest source has be retrieved from the EC source control repository.
* Keep the relevant project manager updated on all tasks assigned tasks daily and escalate red flags/issues as applicable.
* Document the deployment process in the EC project deployment document.
* Consult and advise on the implications of standards, guidelines and legislation with regards to development (.Net, SQL, UNIX, Application Integrator).
* Share development (.Net, SQL, UNIX, Application Integrator) best practice within team.
* Actively contributes towards the high availability of the EC environment by reacting to system alerts promptly and ensures resolution.
Skills and experience
* Matric Equivalent and related IT software development qualification
* 1-5 years' experience .Net development
* Microsoft .Net certifications or similar