* The application support specialist provides technical and functional support to all users within the business and is responsible for ensuring that various IT operations run smoothly.
* Application support specialists primarily assist employees with software applications used within different departments of the organisation. They typically select, install and troubleshoot IT systems and applications, perform tests, install upgrades, and perform regular system maintenance.
* Application support specialists deal with system incidents and work on solutions to address any issues related to systems and applications used within the organisation. They identify problems and develop solutions and enhancements to ensure that the software used within the company is functional and that it works at optimal efficiency.
* Their main responsibility is to reduce business disruptions caused by various applications and to find ways to reduce the number of calls for assistance by providing training, writing operating manuals, and generally ensuring that common issues are resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Role responsibilities and key focus areas
* Correcting errors if any and modifying the existing software
* Upgrade interfaces by updating the hardware for better performance of the system
* Undergo a detailed study of the existing system to and recommend installation or up gradation of a new system
* Interact with customers or clients about the project status and solve their technical issues if any
* Prepare and maintain reports for each and every project handled
* Installing various software systems
* Provide training to the users regarding any upgraded systems
* Provide direction during software programming and development of documentation
* Confer with the project managers regarding any issues in data processing
* Making use of scientific analysis and mathematical models to design and develop various system designs
* Monitoring equipment functioning to ensure system operation according to the specifications
* Supervise the work of technologist, technicians, and scientific personnel
* Developing and implementing control algorithms with the use of microcontrollers
* Keeping track of expenses during the installation process of new systems
Skills and experience
* Expert communication skills, both verbal as well as written
* Knowledge about principles to provide customer satisfaction by meeting quality standards
* Expert knowledge about design technique tools, precision technical plans, blueprints, models, and drawings
* Knowledge about transmission, switching, broadcasting, and telecommunication working principles
* Knowledge about administration and management principles