Service Line: Supercare
Reporting To: Regional Manager
Role : Area Manager
Employment Contract: Permanent
Main purpose of the job
To be responsible for a profitable and professional cleaning service in a geographic area and to ensure client satisfaction/ business retention whilst upholding the company policies and procedures.
Education and experience required:
* Post school education would be added an advantage
* Minimum five (5) years management experience in industrial & commercial industry or similar service industry is essential
* Exposure to selling of a service advantageous
* Exposure to Industrial Relations on a shop floor level advantageous
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies required:
* Good numeric and administrative skills
* Good planning, leading and organisational skills
* Good interpersonal skills & people management skills
* Proactive and takes initiative
* Computer literate (MS Office, must have good excel skills)
* Valid driver's license
* Ability to work flexible hours as required
Key areas of responsibilities:
* To ensure constant customer satisfaction and good client contact.
* To regularly visit and inspect that the standard of work of employees at contracts is of the highest standard as per the contract specification.
* To provide a satisfactory cost effective service.
* To ensure that the company image is maintained and that Company uniform is worn at all times by staff.
Key areas of responsibilities continued:
* To ensure that attendance registers are marked daily at the beginning of the shift, ensuring labour allocation is correct and any changes on the attendance sheet initiated.
* To ensure adequate control over all equipment in accordance with fixed asset policies and procedures.
* To ensure that stores orders are authorized by the Regional Manager and submitted timeously to the Stores Department.
* To be responsible for maintaining discipline by using the Company's disciplinary code and procedures, as well as attending to grievances.
* To promptly attend to daily messages and complaints.
* To ensure that staff is informed of changes that affect them with regard to Company policies.
* To prepare contingency plan for strikes and stay-away.
* To appraise staff by way of verbal direction and performance appraisal for supervisory level and above.
* To adhere to Company policy and procedure (retrenchment, promotion, etc.)
* To carry out regular inspections at all sites.
* To attend certain regular meetings with clients. Where these meetings need to be minute, this to be done and copies of the minutes distributed. All problems to receive prompt action. Call rosters to be submitted to management.
* To be responsible for all engagements, pay rate changes, dismissals, authorized by the Regional Manager, and ensuring that the necessary documents are completed.
* To promote the Company's full range of non-recurring business (specials).
* To attend monthly Area Manager's meetings with the Regional Managers to discuss Monthly wage queries, leave, costing, etc., a s and when required.
* To be responsible for holding monthly meetings with Supervisory staff, including submission of the agenda and meeting minutes.
* To be responsible for compliance with all the regulations of the Occupational Health and Safety Act or any other regulation or Act that might refer to the matter of safety.
* To investigate debtor's queries with clients and collect cheques from clients when instructed to do so by Regional Managers or the Debtor's Department.