You will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of the room attendants, housemen, public area cleaners and floor supervisors. You will assist in the management of the day–to–day operations of all Housekeeping and laundry functions. You are responsible for enforcing the quality assurance for the Housekeeping Department and the department’s cost control measures.
• Obtains list of vacant rooms to be cleaned immediately & list of prospective checkouts in order to prepare room allocations.
• Experience with turn down service, special needs of VIP Guests, foreign dignitaries, etc. is helpful.
• Assigns team members their duties and inspects work to ensure it meets the prescribed standards.
• Schedules cleaning for lobby area, public restrooms, telephone areas, hallways, entrances, elevators.
• Schedules periodic major cleaning projects including carpet shampooing, cleaning of walls and baseboards, cleaning of windows, elevator doors and tracks.
• Schedules cleaning of all meeting rooms after a completed function.
• Inventories cleaning supplies & linen stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Provides support to the Executive Housekeeper in all areas of Housekeeping operation, such as staff training, coaching, counselling and also enforces to the hotels standard operating procedures.
• Ensures guest rooms are properly secured and that proper key control procedures are utilized by the housekeeping staff.
• Advises manager and Housekeeping Co-ordinator of rooms ready for occupancy.
• Print all housekeeping related reports and traces from Opera.
• Attend to any guest complaints and take service recovery measures if required.
• Submit requests for repair and periodic maintenance of cleaning equipment.
• Prepares store requisition, purchase other supplies and equipment, also monitor par stock on all housekeeping guest supplies and linens.
• Records data concerning work assignments, personnel actions, time cards and prepares periodic reports.
• Oversee any guest communications from housekeeping.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a luxury 4 or 5 star hotel at a senior management level.
• Hotel Management degree or equivalent.
• Advanced computer skills.
• Eye for detail.
• Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service.
• Excellent communication skills.