• Take full responsibility in auditing patient accounts: Ward fees, Theatre billing and all other stock charges.
• Liaise with Ward / Unit personnel to ensure correct charging of used medication and other patient consumable usage.
• Adjust accounts according to charge slips.
• Capture audit notes accurately and timeously onto the HOSP system.
• Do parallel and per diem billing on the relevant accounts.
• Liaise with other Units and Departments with respect to information or documentation required.
• Forward Patient files to the Debtor’s Clerk for further processing.
• Compile on a daily basis a comprehensive report on all files audited.
• Identify and implement appropriate training programs to ensure that individual performances and departmental productivity improves.
• Ensure effective and timeous resolution of problems by regular interaction with Administration Manager.
• Standard 10 (Grade 12) or equivalent certificate.
• A Nursing background (Senior Enrolled Nurse / Enrolled Nursing Auxiliary) with clinical experience is essential.
• At least 2 years experience in Private Hospital setting, dealing with the auditing of Patient files.
• Computer literacy is essential.