The following permanent position has become available within our Boiler Plant. This position will operate from our Laaiplek site.
The incumbent will report to the Fishmeal Plant Manager.
Key Job Outputs
The incumbent will be the Supervisor in charge of the Boiler Plant, managing the activities/shifts in the Boiler Plant, ensuring that the following procedures are conducted correctly by each Boiler Plant Shift Supervisor and his team:
* Pre-shift checks : enough water in tanks and boiler levels checked, check pumps, stokers, according to procedures, make necessary adjustment, correct quantities of chemicals for water treatment are available.
* Boilers started up : gradually heat boiler to reduce stress, must be at required steam pressure before production start-up and ensure all emergency equipment is functional.
* Steam making process monitored : ensure consistent pressure is supplied, ensure chemical dosing and water feed is optimal, liaise with Cooker and Drier Operator/Supervisor to ensure enough supply of steam, maintain prescribed steam level, receive boiler water results and act accordingly, attend to any alarms immediately, complete log sheets (every 24 hours) and check sheets (every 2 hours) accurately.
* Cleaning and maintenance of machines and equipment supervised : Correct machine guidelines, equipment service schedules to be planned and correct guidelines followed.
* Proper Housekeeping practices ensured : Adhering to HACCP and GMP requirements.
* Attendance and time keeping managed : Attendance and time keeping are monitored and correctly recorded and deviations are proactively addressed according to procedure
* Motivating and productive work environment created : Targets and performance feedback are regularly communicated through, e.g. team meetings.
* Worker performance managed : workers' performance are measured against requirements and standards of job profiles, regular feedback - positive and negative - is proactively provided, correct coaching and counselling or disciplinary procedures are followed in the case of under-performance.
* Coaching provided and training needs identified : workers are coached to perform their responsibilities to the required standard and additional training needs must be identified and communicated to manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
* Good numerical skills
* Good Housekeeping skills
* Responsible and reliable
* Ability to work independently
* Able to work effectively in a team
* Able to work effectively in a pressurised environment
* Able to run a shift in the absence of one of the Shift Supervisors
* Willingness to work overtime, weekends and public holidays
* Sound knowledge of Health & Safety legislation applicable to boilers
* Supervisory Skills
Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
* Record of Good working experience
* Boiler Plant training certificate
* Matric Certificate or relevant tertiary qualification
* Qualification as Fitter or Welder and previous experience as a boiler operator will be advantageous
If you are interested in the above position please apply online at