KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
The specific roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Collect all invoices and delivery notes on a weekly basis.
• Check prices charged on the invoice is correct.
• Check the quantity ordered, delivered and invoiced for
• Capture supplier’s invoices on Pastel.
• Ensure that the correct inventory is captured including pallets, empties and crates.
• Ensure that the date on the suppliers invoice and the invoice from the supplier corresponds.
• Ensure the totals corresponds on the invoices. VAT Number reflects on the invoice from the supplier and the correct address .
• Review the Pastel suppliers invoice with the original invoice from the supplier. Do spot checks on invoices from each account.
• Ensure that all credit notes are received from suppliers and capture the return and debit on Pastel.
• Update invoices on Pastel.
• Do a recon on all suppliers to match their statements.
• All invoices has to be captured in the first week after month end for the month.
Sales report Daily
• Capture cash customer daily from the sales report.
• On month-end ensure that the daily invoices captured balance with the manager’s summary report and the monthly sales report.
INVOICING – DAILY
• Check FNB Excel statements in sales for any receipts.
• Receive the “invoice request sheet” from the sales consultants. This list will give you the quotation number, amount expected and client name.
• Compare the quotation amount with the amount received.
• Check all items that was charged, to confirm that they are correct.
• Link quotation to an invoice.
• Check the invoices to make sure they are in date sequins. Do spot checks on invoices to see that the correct price was charged.
• Update the invoices once a week.
• Create internal invoicing between group companies.
BANK STATEMENT – WEEKLY
• Capture all receipts – Ensure to match the correct customer with the correct invoice.
• On the bank statement, indicate what the invoice number is and the account name, (If it isn’t obvious from the description.)
• Update the week’s receipts.
• Do a recon on all the documents, reviewing invoices and payments. No outstanding monies (Detailed ledger recon per customer).
• Allocate all payments to the various Suppliers. Allocate discounts where necessary.
• Review supplier’s Detailed ledger to match statement from supplier.
• Allocate to the correct General ledger account where no suppliers invoice was available/captured.
30 DAY STATEMENT – MONTHLY
• Ensure the client does not exceed his credit limit.
• Send out statements to the 30 day customers.
• Follow up on payments.
• Review the age analysis.
• Review accounts that goes into 60 days.
• Do correctional journals, if need be.
• Charge interest on overdue accounts.
GENERAL – DAILY
• Load new customers (Clients who bought more than 3 times from the company, and are expected to do continues business with the company.) Age Analysis.
• Clients requesting Credit – Ensure that all relevant documentation is received.
• Do necessary checks.
• Notify the clients of their account, Credit Limit, Interest on late payments. Contact the person in the accounts sales department.
• Collection of Documentation ( 30 Day Statement)
• Collect all purchase orders, invoices/delivery notes from the supplier from dispatch department.
• Check the prices charged (on supplies invoice, to the prices agreed upon.)
• Check the quantity ordered, delivered and invoiced for.
• Link purchase orders to supplier’s invoices.
• Ensure that the correct Gl accounts was used on the purchase order. Correct if necessary.
• Ensure that the date of the supplier invoice and the invoice from the supplier corresponds.
• Ensure the total amounts correspond. As well as VAT, if the supplier is VAT registered.
• Ensure that the company ) VAT number reflects on the suppliers invoice. (SARS)
• Review the pastel suppliers invoice and the invoice from the supplier – Check the date, Invoice Number, Items, Total, VAT Amount, VAT Number form the company and the supplier.
• Do spot checks on invoices from each account.
• Update supplier’s invoices.
• Do a recon on all suppliers to match their statement.
• Knowledge of Pastel
• Basic Bookkeeping
• Knowledge of MS Office