This position requires a person who will be able to fulfil the bookkeeping to more complex financial needs in a fulltime position for a vibrant, growing ECD training business
We are looking for a full time Bookkeeper/Accountant who is able to effectively administer and execute the ‘Hands on’, day to day accounting activities i.e.
• Full bookkeeping functions to Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
• Monthly journals.
• Cash book recons. Income Statement, Balance Sheet and General Ledger.
• Make all payments on presentation of invoices from suppliers and part-time facilitators, assessors and moderators.
• Ensure that all income is accurately accounted for whether received as cash or through banking account/ Banking
• Invoicing of learners’ fees.
• Liaise with funders and sponsors and send appropriate invoices and documentation.
• Debtors control and Recording of Debtors and Creditors.
• Establish and maintain software package for capturing financial transactions. Experience in using Pastel.
• Produce financial reports.
This person will also be expected to effectively transact, investigate, analyse, and review TLC finances by:
• Prepare Course cost feasibility for Proposals and Marketing purposes.
• Prepare and manage different cost centres i.e. Course annual budgets and report to Management on variances on the established budgets.
• Analyse and review operational performance and cost reduction.
• Forecast cash flow positions and available funds
• Accurately and timeously interpret and report the Company’s financial results to Management and recommend improvement activities.
• Analyse and implement new financial procedures to streamline processes and ensure appropriate accountability.
• Prepare special financial reports as requested by Senior Management and Board members.
• Request, prepare and control annual audits.
• Ensure that SARS receives the required input and documentation.
• Diploma or Degree in Accounting
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in an Accounting environment or have relevant Accounting education.
• Worked in an Education Environment (Advantageous).
• Understand statutory obligations i.e. Income Tax, Company Returns, IRP 5 and SARS company returns e.g EMP 201’s; EMP501’s reports
• Analytical orientated with attention to detail, accuracy and completeness.
• Financial Reporting skills.
• People’s person.