We are seeking suitably qualified Branch Managers to oversee all branch functions within a Lewis store. The ideal candidate needs to take ownership of all branch activities, lead a profitable, and sustainable business unit which contributes to the overall success of the organisation.
Ideal candidates would have solid experience running a store and would have had exposure to managing profit and growth targets within the retail environment. The role is responsible to communicate and drive daily operations of the branch and ensure its alignment to company goals. The role would drive all people related issues, customer service, sales, stock and credit management within the branch.
The role will
• Manage, lead, motivate, develop and empower branch employees – thereby retaining a stable team who is able to deliver business goals.
• Drive sales targets and manage operational efficiencies in order to maintain a healthy, profitable business.
• Ensure excellent customer service by playing an active role in customer contact situations – thereby ensuring and maintaining healthy customer relationships.
• Manage as well as control financial targets within company accepted norms and balance this against business risk.
• Maintain and improve customer service, sales performance, stock efficiencies and manage business risk related to credit.
• Ensure Stock loss is minimized through compliance with security measures, stock and cash handling procedures.
• Ensure administrative duties within the store are in accordance with company guidelines. (NCA & FAIS)
• Guide, manage and verify operations within the Branch to ensure compliance with relevant regulatory legislations.
• People Management – training, mentoring, coaching and management of staff within the store.
• A valid driver’s license.
• A Matric/Grade 12 educational qualification.
• Business related tertiary qualification would be an advantage.
• Minimum 3 years Retail Management Experience preferably in the furniture retail.
• Computer Literate.
• Strong Leadership abilities
• Management abilities – Manage, lead, motivate, develop and empower branch staff
We require a tough-minded individual who is target driven, thrives on driving performance and is able to juggle customer service with working in a high-pressure sales environment.
This advert is part of a Provincial recruitment drive in the Western Cape. Please indicate which area in the Western Cape you are willing to work in, please indicate this as the subject of the email.