Title: Business Analyst
Area: Mowbray, Cape Town
Salary: R - R per month
Brief Description :
Cape Town and UK-based Software House is looking to hire experienced Business Analyst as it expands its partnership with PCMS in the UK.
My client is an enterprise retail software development specialist with a focus on customer experience. The company is ideally placed to cater for retailers who want to position themselves competitively, by adding a layer of customisation to their client's software which caters to both common operational systems and processes as well as client-specific needs.
The Company provides PCMS - a 30-year award-winning provider of world-leading global retail technology and solutions - with expert retail software development services.
Ideally an IT Diploma or related Degree will be an advantage but is not essential.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
* Solid Business Analysis Experience.
* Minimum requirement is Matric with at least 5+ years of on the job work experience. Remuneration package will be tailored according to relevant experience.
* Experience using Agile methodologies.
* Exposure to Enterprise development will be a definite advantage.
* Must have experience in a retail environment.
* Self-starter, able to manage individual responsibilities and contribute successfully to team
deliveries on complex, long term projects.
* Strong analytical ability and abstract thinking to be able to gather business requirements
effectively; create user stories and facilitate creation of the technical specifications.
* Strong interpersonal skills. Listening attentively to requirements, in depth questioning,
interpretation and ability to see the holistic view of the business and assess impact accordingly.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to document and present the results of
analysis clearly and concisely.
* Should have technical background or aptitude.
* Ability to act as a bridge between the Product Owner, Client, Development Project Manager and
the implementation team.
* Must be able to interrogate and analyze data using Excel and SQL.
Brief Key Performance Areas
* Convert high level business requirements received from the Product Owner into user stories, into the smallest testable units of work.
* When necessary, support Product Owner in conducting workshops with the client to gather high level requirements.
* Create user stories in Jira and keep stories up to date.
* Elaborate user stories in Discovery sprint according to BA Definition of Done and Development Definition of Ready. Conduct workshops with the client where necessary to complete elaboration process.
* Create mock-ups and specific examples using tools such as Visio, Balsamiq, and Draw.io etc where necessary to support user stories.
* Create user acceptance requirements.
* Work and collaborate closely with the Product Owner, QA, Architects and the developers on the team to meet sprint delivery.
* Create documentation e.g. Catalogues, where required once the story or epic has been delivered before the sprint ends.
* Working collaboratively as part of an Agile development team:
* Elaborating business requirements as created and prioritised by the Product Owner.
* Deliver according to the Definition of Done requirement.
* Collaborating with the Development Project Manager, Product Owner, Architects, Developers and Testers as required.
* Support the development process by assisting developers and QA's to understand the requirements.
* Participate in planning meetings.
* Participate in Sprint Planning Development Cycles every 2 weeks.
* Participate in the Daily Standup meetings.
* Participate in and present demos where required.
For more information, please call or email