A growing Cape Town based, South African Software House, developing Enterprise (nTier) Application Software is currently looking for experienced business analysts.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Convert high level business requirements received from the Product Owner into user stories, into the smallest testable units of work.
• When necessary, support Product Owner in conducting workshops with the client to gather high level requirements.
• Create user stories in Jira and keep stories up to date.
• Elaborate user stories in Discovery sprint according to BA Definition of Done and Development Definition of Ready. Conduct workshops with the client where necessary to complete elaboration process.
• Create mockups and specific examples using tools such as Visio, Balsamiq, and Draw.io etc where necessary to support user stories.
• Create user acceptance requirements.
• Work and collaborate closely with the Product Owner, QA, Architects and the developers on the team to meet sprint delivery.
• Create documentation eg. Catalogues, where required once the story or epic has been delivered before the sprint ends.
• Working collaboratively as part of an Agile development team:
o Elaborating business requirements as created and prioritised by the Product Owner.
o Deliver according to the Definition of Done requirement.
o Collaborating with the Development Project Manager, Product Owner, Architects, Developers and Testers as required.
o Support the development process by assisting developers and QA’s to understand the requirements.
o Participate in planning meetings.
o Participate in Sprint Planning Development Cycles every 2 weeks.
o Participate in the Daily Standup meetings.
o Participate in, and present demos where required.
Mandatory Skills / Abilities required for the Job
• Self-starter, able to manage individual responsibilities and also contribute successfully to team deliveries on complex, long term projects.
• Strong analytical ability and abstract thinking to be able to gather business requirements effectively; create user stories and facilitate creation of the technical specifications.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Listening attentively to requirements, in depth questioning, interpretation and ability to see the holistic view of the business and assess impact accordingly.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to document and present the results of analysis clearly and concisely.
• Should have technical background or aptitude.
• Ability to act as a bridge between the Product Owner, Client, Development Project Manager and the implementation team.
• Must be able to interrogate and analyze data using Excel and SQL.
Personal Attributes / Character traits required for this job
• Delivery focused - Be deadline driven and adheres to Sprint deadlines.
• Team Player – must be able to work as part of a team.
• Self-Starter – Be able to work independently and contribute effectively to the team.
• Flexible/adaptable/approachable and willing to work in rapid changing, high delivery environment.
Education and General Working Experience
• Ideally an IT Diploma or related Degree will be an advantage but is not essential.
• Minimum requirement is Matric with at least 7-10 years of on the job work experience. Remuneration package will be tailored according to relevant experience.
• Ideally but not essential, experience using Agile methodologies will be an advantage.
• Exposure to Enterprise development will be a definite advantage.
• Must have experience in a retail environment.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
• Regrettably we are unable to shortlist candidates for interviews if they do not meet these key requirements.
• Candidates must be willing to relocate to Cape Town at their own expense if living outside the Western Cape.
• Clean criminal and credit records required
• Applications will only be considered from RSA Citizens, or foreign national applicants with permanent resident permits.