** Driver’s licence and own vehicle essential – not negotiable **
** The position is available immediately. **
** 5 years’ experience in Sales or Key Account Management, with successful sales history and achievements in the Public Market in South Africa. **
** Experience in dealing with Department of Health, National treasury and Provincial offices. **
Our client offers world leading integrated solutions for the care of people with reduced mobility and related conditions. Based on extensive knowledge and advanced technology we provide superior medical equipment for safe patient handling and hygiene, medical beds and Therapeutic Support Systems™, wound healing, DVT prevention, disinfection and diagnostics. The result is improved care efficiency and a safer environment for both patient and career.
The Business Development Manager will report directly to the Managing Director: Africa, Coastal Sales Director and RSM Inland.
Liaising with Finance, HR, Operations, Sales Managers and Product Specialists, as well as customers, Treasury Department, Department of Health, Provincial Health, Procurement & Supply Chain, Hospital Management, but not limited to these.
Develop a successful market for the client in the Public Sector in South Africa, in order to achieve the overall Nett Sales and Gross Profit as per business requirements.
It will be expected of the incumbent to live up to and embrace the Core Values as part of their leadership example.
A full assessment will be part of the search and hiring process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for developing the Public Sector Business nationally.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Key Decision Makers/C-Suite.
- Develop Band Equity within the Public Sector, Department of Health and National treasury as well as Provincial offices.
- Evaluation of the Public Market.
- Market analysis (market size, share and growth opportunities).
- Evaluation of Product Portfolio to fit the Public Market.
- Develop new market segment within the Public Market and maintain existing markets through planned individual account support, and liaison with internal order-processing staff and management team.
- Implement consistent marketing strategy plan with overall aims and requirements.
- Respond to and follow through sales and supply chain enquiries.
- Manage account receivables.
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Carry out market intelligence, competitor and customer surveys.
- Provide product training, workshops and symposiums.
- Develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Launching of products into the market.
- Attend Provincial and National tender briefings; Complete and submit bids
Qualification (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Minimum of Matric (or equivalent)
- Preferred tertiary qualification in Business management
- 5 years’ experience in Sales or Key Account Management, with successful sales history and achievements in the Public Market in South Africa.
- Experience in dealing with Department of Health, National treasury and Provincial offices.
- Proven experience in dealing with tender processes.
- Sales experience in the Public Market.
- Results driven with high energy levels.
- High level of responsibility and accountability needed in terms of achieving sales targets.
- Able to work under challenging circumstances.
- Travelling frequently in South Africa (60%).
- Language: Proficient in English and African languages.
- Business management/Product management experience.
- Sound knowledge and working ability with Excel.
- General Mathematics skills.
- Valid drivers’ license.
- Own reliable transport.
- Availability after hours, on an ad-hoc basis
- Excellent time management skills
- Adhere to dead lines
- Cost sensitive
- Able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Strong communication, analytical, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Critical to be able to prioritize and multi-task in a highly demanding environment
- Excellent data interpretation to drive desired results
- Positive relationship building
- Persuasion, influential, team player, self-motivated, target driven, able to work under pressure
- Highly energetic and have a focused drive for success
- Curious, business-oriented, consultative individual, with analytical abilities
- Strong support to the Marketing Manager and overall business objectives
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent communicator
- Sales and target driven