Are you passionate about coding and looking to further upskill, this opportunity with a dynamic and progressive International Development Company maybe the perfect fit for you!
This company is currently expanding their development team and specialising in the development of online games and supporting products.
Key Performance areas will entail but not be limited to:
• Work in agile environment with stand-ups, sprints, and planning meetings
• Work in small development team taking on new features, spikes, and bugs
• Plan, design, implement, document, test and release new features
• Do code review and deliver stable code
• Maintain existing code base and if need be create documents and diagrams to substantiate further development
• Liaise with QA team to identify and fix bugs
Remuneration offered will be based on relevant experience, qualifications, skills set and proven track record.
The interview process will be a rigorous process that will include presentation of previous examples, skills assessments and psychometric evaluation assessments.
If you have not received any feedback after 2 weeks in submission of your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
• 1+ year developing object – orientated code
• Degree/Diploma in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent
• Experience in C++ at either enterprise or academic level
• Must be able to demonstrate sufficient programming and problem-solving skills
• Proficient in written and spoken English
• Skills set required – GIT, Migration of legacy systems, MS SQL, MongoDB, JIRA, Bamboo, Octopus, iQuerv, Backbone, CreateJS, Compass/Sass, AngularJS, Grunt/Gulp, .Net Framework,
ASP.Net, JSON, Swagger
• Experience in responsive design, progressive web apps
• Testing frameworks such as Mocha, Selenium, Puppeteer/similar
• Familiar with continuous integration
• Containerization (Docker)
• Experience in developing monolithic application as well as microservices
• Knowledge of low-level threading primitives and real time environments
Additional desired skills that will be advantageous:
• Strong programming and logical thinking skills
• Understanding of memory management in non-garbage collected environments
• Understanding of polymorphism and C++ specific notions such as friend classes
• Familiar with templating in C++ (WTL, STL, ATL, MFC)
• Familiar with system call wrapper library functions
• Knowledge of writing native modules for high-level languages such as Node.js
• Sound understanding of TCP/IP protocol, SocketIO, ZMQ and any other messaging protocols
• Full software development lifecycle experience
• Comfortable with using Visual Studio IDE