CONTROL ROOM MANAGER
To be the first contact in case of emergencies and to inform the relevant key holders within the company. To ensure that communication is maintained with all sites, co-ordinate, monitor and record all communication from various sites, technicians and drivers and clients.
Hiring, training, coaching, and leading command centre agents as they provide support for customers. Answering customer questions, guiding command centre agents through difficult calls or issues, diffusing angry customers, and to increase customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention and to meet their expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Monitor, trouble shooting and managing of staff and equipment usage and work progress.
· Monitor and improve ordering, telephone handling and other procedures
· Evaluate performance with key metrics (accuracy, call-waiting time etc.)
• Must answer all incoming calls professionally and efficiently.
• Ensuring that Accurate record keeping is done by the control room operators.
• Ensure that there is Constant communication between the control room operators and Responders, drivers, managers and supervisors.
• Overseeing Vehicle tracking and monitoring.
• Monitor all software in the control room and liaise directly with all service providers to ensure optimal service is given at all times and problems are addressed immediately.
• Implement new procedures within the control room if needed or requested by the Managing director
• Draw up shifts for the control room staff and oversee the guards that are employed at all our depots
• Ensuring that the security Guards are adhering company procedures at all times
• Hire, coach and provide training to personnel to maintain high customer service standards
• Consult the Operations Manager on vehicle availability and locations for that day
• follow up on vehicle repairs or maintenance for vehicles out of commission.
• Update driver records and monitor which drivers/operators are in control of vehicles or equipment
• Monitor speeding and misuse of vehicles and report to management
• Monitor Drivers and waste disposals at landfills
Daily scheduling of operations jobs
• Allocating staff to jobs
• Allocating equipment and vehicles to jobs
• Amending of the daily work schedule with reference to client changes, staff availability
• Liaising with Technicians/supervisors re job requirements
• Liaising with clients re job progress, costings, reports and job planning
• Assisting sales department with quotations and job planning
• Assisting with securing work orders from clients for work completed or in progress
• Check vehicle tracking and logging from previous evening and morning.
Desired Experience & Qualification
5 – 7 years of relevant experience in Logistics, Control Room Operations, Fleet Management.
Word, Excel and Microsoft Access
Tracking System knowledge
Power track, Vigil +
Telephone Etiquette Certificate
Numeracy and literacy skills
Ability to create and maintain detailed Excel spreadsheets (Intermediate)
Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
Personality traits & attributes
• The ability to multitask
• Customer Orientation
• Good communication skills
• Strong accuracy and organizing skills.
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to handle pressure