Management College of Southern Africa (MANCOSA), a DHET registered and CHE accredited private higher education distance education provider, offering undergraduate and postgraduate business qualifications, has the following vacancy available:
CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR – DURBAN
To develop the highest quality curriculum for the advancement of the students and the organization. To ensure all curriculum materials developed is of highest quality and standard.
Identify new programmes in conjunction with Chairs of School for roll out.
Collaborate with Academic Chairs to identify module writers and moderators for each module.
Develop and/or amend contracts for each writer, moderator and programme developer.
Facilitate formatting process.
Proof-read and check edits and layouts on all modules and finalise module after first and second checks.
Approve final edits on all modules
Facilitate preparation of modules for printers.
Liaise with graphic designer for module covers, spines, graphics and other information for design.
Develop module writers templates and precedents and facilitate training with module writers.
Do a language edit for academic staff on Abstracts and papers when requested
Develop schedules of all workflows, module contracts, payments, new programmes, comprehensive collection of programmes with budgets for reporting.
Facilitate workshops for students and conduct sessions for executive education on an ad hoc basis.
Build excellent relations with all internal and external academics and service providers in order to ensure a smooth working relationship as well as intervene in any matters providing the best workable solutions between the various service providers and curriculum development.
• An appropriate Masters qualification will be required in order to meet the requirements of the role at the highest level of competence
• An English major is preferable
• 2 years academic experience with lecturing experience being preferable
• Experience in Higher Education programme, module design and development.
• Experience in planning, designing and development of curriculum content and assessments.
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Publishing and project management and scheduling
• Legal knowledge of contract drafting and reviewing
• Human recourse and operational intelligence
• Strategic business skills
• Communication skills / Project management
• Interpersonal skills / General management
• Comprehensive involvement
• Collaborative decision-making
• Time management / Computer skills
• Organisational skills / Presentation skills
• Flexibility / Decisive
• Interpersonal and Communication Skills
• Empathy / Integrity
• Continuous Improvement of Care through Reflective Practice
• Result Driven / Self Confidence
• Presentable / Analytical /Objectivity
• Deadline driven
• Ability to work with and in a team
• Be able to work during weekends when requested