To plan, implement and manage databases in production systems by protecting its integrity, ensuring its availability to the users and monitoring database performance.
To plan and manage Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) for business continuity (Databases Availability) and develop, generate business intelligence reports for applications in production environment.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Responsible for Implementing IT Business Plan
• Ensure seamless integration of functions with Business Application Units.
• Manage external parties engaged or related to provision of services to database support
• Translate user requirements to implement required data solutions
• Manage development and upgrade of databases in production
• Develop processes and procedures to manage utilization and optimization of database systems
• Ensure database availability for all Business Applications 95% of the time
• Responsible to ensure Database performance optimization
• Manage security by defining user access at database level
• Install and Configure of Databases for SAMSA Business Application
• Design database Tables, Scheme, Store Procedures and other related tasks
• Perform maintenance to all SAMSA Databases
• Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server
• Develop and Generate Business Intelligence Reports – SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), Qlikview, which include planning and development of Reports for various business applications.
• Develop Business Intelligence – SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), which Include data migration from one database platform to another
• Submit Monthly and Quarterly Report on Database availability, performance, backup status and restore test results.
• NQF Level 6 - National Diploma or Advanced Certificate (240 or 360 credits)
• Advantage Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) certification
• Advantage MCSE: Business Intelligence certification
• 5-7 years working experience in the SQL Databases (version 2008R2, 2012, 2016 or latest)
• 5-7 years working experience in Business Intelligence – SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
High levels of competence on the skills below are a requirement:
• Good Problem-solving skills
• Good customer service skills
• Good presentation skills
• Service-oriented skills
• Manage an enterprise wide database and operating system
• Initiate, constitute, plan, lead and execute projects across disciplines
As we are committed to Employment Equity in our employment practices, it is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our Equity objectives. Preference will be given to members of the designated groups to achieve the objectives of Employment Equity.
Please note: SAMSA reserves the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. No late applications will be considered. Psychometric and other assessments may be used as part of the selection process and all shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for the tests. If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date as mentioned above, kindly deem your application unsuccessful.