DRIVER TRAINER Position
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Driver Trainer to join our team.
• Tanker Operations experience is critical for this position.
• Must have Fuel, Gas and General Freight product knowledge
• Must have strong communications skills to maintain an effective Driver Training Programme for all allocated contracts
• Ensuring the effective implementation of TETA accredited training in line with operational requirements.
• To support Crossroads Accident Prevention Campaign
• To ensure the effective recruitment of new Drivers
• To identify and minimise all potential risks and to undertake motor vehicle crash Investigations within the region.
• To manage the general administration of Driver files and TETA accredited training and ensuring that Assessors/ Moderators reports are on file.
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision, liaising weekly with different contract managers /fleet controllers for training of all drivers.
• Must be able to foster and maintain exceptional client relationships with the allocated contracts.
• Product specific load securing knowledge.
• VFL's specific related to the Fuel contracts which include specific job observation, Vehicle inspections, Site Walks and Near misses.
• Conduct cab assessment and undertake in Cab training to correct Driving behaviour
• Must have reliable transport and be willing to travel - to other branches and with long distance drivers.
• Training and Driving knowledge on Ultra, Heavy and Medium Motor vehicles.
• Updating and maintaining of RRA (Route Risk Assessments)
• Must understand fuel consumption and the application thereof.
Skills & Competencies:
▪ Matric or equivalent education
▪ Have a Code EC license and a valid PRDP with category DGP and at least 5 years driving experience in the Fuel, Oil & Gas industry
▪ Computer literate in Microsoft including the use of excel at an intermediate level, Level 3 minimum requirement.
▪ Have strong administration and communication skills.
▪ Have strong interpersonal and organisational skills
▪ Strong Presentation skills and 5 years training experience
▪ Training experience in the Fuel, Oil and Gas Industry
▪ Practical experience in investigating accidents and/or incidents
▪ Registered facilitators and an assessor’s qualification, accredited by TETA, and be registered as an assessor with TETA for the following unit standards:
o Transport Of Dangerous Goods By Road
o First Aid
▪ RTMS implementation knowledge and experience are essential.
▪ Plan organise and implement Driver training courses
▪ Have the ability undertake Route Risk Analysis & implement Journey Plans
▪ Be prepared to work flexible working hours and weekends when required.
▪ Must be able to work under pressure