African Realty Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally.
ART is situated outside Tzaneen, a town in Limpopo. The company use more than 3000kW power and need to appoint a GMR2 according to the requirements of DOL.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To plan, direct and control the electrical activities within operations (LCP and LE) and must have the necessary qualifications to register as a GMR2
Key Performance Areas (KPA’s) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
1. Direct, plan and implement the electrical operations and activities by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews (LCP and Letaba Estates).
2. Ensure continuous excellence that will add value to the electrical operations and that will improve productivity and increase profitability.
3. Prepare and complete electrical action plans, production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
4. Provide electrical power by maintaining electrical equipment and outlets; including energy management system for lighting etc.
5. Wires work station cubicles by studying blueprints; laying-out circuitry for common and dedicated electrical outlets;
6. Provides lighting by maintaining electrical lighting fixtures.
7. Provides electrical support by responding to requests for electrical problems.
8. Maintains supplies inventory by checking electrical material stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for electrical material; reviewing and approving invoices in cooperation with the Group Maintenance Manager;
9. Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
10. Enhances facilities services and organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
11. Ensure that all areas under your supervision and responsibility is controlled, measured, managed and communicated in a pro-active manner.
12. Determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, or policy change.
13. Oversee the implementation of electrical systems, processes, procedures and counter all risks and hazards.
14. Comply 100% with SHEQ regulations, ISO standards and requirements, SIZA and Global GAP.
15. To commission new projects within the department and ensure that it is in line with ART’s overall strategic goals and objectives.
16. Identify all resources (equipment, people, skills, role-players, finances etc.) necessary to successfully achieve the electrical goals set by the company.
17. Meets electrical maintenance financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions in coordination with the Group Maintenance Manager.
18. To ensure all electrical activities and maintenance complies 100% with food safety standards and continuously improve thereon
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent diploma in electrical Engineering is a must
Must comply to the requirements to become a GMR2
Minimum of 7 years relevant experience of which 5 years should be at management level.
3 years’ experience in ISO (Quality Management, Food Safety and Environmental Management systems would be an advantage).
• Computer literate in Excel & MS Word – essential.
• Procedural and systematic, conscientious and disciplined.
• Attention to detail.
• A driven individual that can cope under pressure.