Primary Role Accountabilities
With the support of E&C Manager, ensure that ethics and compliance risks, including legal and regulatory risks, are identified, assessed and mitigated as part of risk management processes adopted by the SA FUELS and NOJV's.
* Responsible for providing assurance around the design and execution of the legal and regulatory compliance framework and processes connected with the operations and functions in the SA Region,
* To develop and implement the annual E&C compliance programme, including:
* training needs in key risk areas
* ethics and compliance communications plan
* key processes for addressing key risk areas
* To assist with the quarterly ethics and compliance scorecard and ensure that the annual ethics and compliance certification process is completed on a timely basis;
* To support the delivery of training, including Code of Conduct induction training, as required to meet business needs;
* To provide guidance on the proper and timely use of E&C tools (i.e. Gift & Entertainment register, Breach database, etc);
* Conduct ad-hoc investigations and make recommendations to more effectively detect, prevent and remediate fraud.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Critical skills, experience & qualifications:
* Relevant post qualification business, Legal or Internal Control experience.
* Preferably business, accounting, commercial or legal qualifications, including post graduate experience.
* Displays sincerity, integrity and candour in all actions
* Bases actions on reason and moral principles and act with integrity
* Strong awareness, proactive management and participation in the assessment of ethics, compliance and commercial risks
* Good communication, training and influencing skills
* Impacting and Influencing - the ability to effectively influence
* Interpersonal skills - sound communication skills and the ability to apply these at all levels of the organisation
* Role modelling - High ethical standards and an unwavering commitment to ethics and compliance