A world leader in skills education is looking to employ on-line Examination Markers for an English Functional Skills qualification in Cape Town. This is a part time role.
Successful applicants will:
• be educated to a minimum of degree level in English or a related subject (Literature, Linguistics)* Example BA English, B Ed
• have teaching, assessment or training experience in the relevant subject and level (desirable)*
• have a high level of computer literacy and access to internet
• have a high level of personal communication skills
• be able to follow procedures accurately and reliably
• be able to work to fixed timescales and deadlines
• be able to provide proof of qualifications if requested.
*Applicants who do not hold a degree in English or a related subject but who do hold any of Cambridge Advanced English (C1) at Distinction level or Cambridge Proficiency (C1) will be considered but they must also have teaching, assessment or training experience in English.
Location Price per script Scripts per month
Cape Town R35 100-200
All interested applicants may email their CV
Closing date 31 October 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Successful applicants must be available to attend training in Newlands, Cape Town on all of the following dates:
• 4 full days - 23-26 November 2018 and
• 3 evenings - 27-29 November 2018
Successful candidates must:
• be able to commit to mark 100-200 scripts per month
• mark an average of 4 scripts per hour, i.e. 25-50 hours of work per month
Marker IT Requirements:
• Markers need internet connection and will be expected to cover any data costs.