We are a national Network Operator CM Value Added Services who physically constructs and maintains our own infrastructure in South Africa and a few African countries. We are looking for an experienced Wireless Surveyor / Planner/Scouter to form part of the current survey and link planning team.
• You will be trained in the career direction of surveyor/planner and be involved in high site negotiations in a service provider environment. In-Field experience on Microwave installations and survey’s is a must when applying for this position. (minimum of 5 years)
• Access to formal training materials and qualifications are provided.
• You should please live within a reasonable distance from Rivonia JHB and have your own transport/ transport will be provided when working out of office.
• Salary is dependent on experience.
• Extensive knowledge and infield experience on Wireless Link builds and Power Solutions.
• Expert knowledge and skills in Wireless Networks (5GHz), Microwave, and V-Sat.
• Must be able to conduct Site Survey’s and build Survey documents.
• Must be able to do planning with Pathloss and Cambium PtP Planner.
• Must be able to scout new High Sites and perform site negotiations.
• Must be able to scope large onsite WIFI solutions and present proposals.
• Must be able to scope large data network & fibre solutions.
• Extensive Safety background to assist in building site safety files where required.
• Knowledge and certification of Mikrotik routers or Ubiquiti or Microwave wireless links would be an advantage.
• Extensive knowledge of data-networks CAT3/5/6 E, cabinet builds and onsite WIFI solutions.
• Integral understanding of wireless infrastructure builds.
• Ability to meet immovable deadlines.
• Possess a good team spirit and have the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
• Taking initiative to identify and resolve problems.