MANCOSA, a DHET registered and CHE accredited private higher education distance education provider, offering undergraduate and postgraduate business qualifications, has the following vacancy available.
Facilities Officer – Cape Town
The facilities officer will provide support to daily operations, utilities and ensuring building facilities are maintained efficiently and at a professional standard within budgetary confinements.
CORE FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
• Ensuring statutory and mandatory compliance is met by the organization.
• Daily gembawalks to be conducted at their respective buildings and are compliant from a maintenance and OHS perspective ensuring that all staff are in a safe and working in conducive environment and daily checklists compiled into a file for access.
• Ensure that all non-conformities are addressed and if business critical, is escalated to Facilities Manager’s attention ensuring a plan of resolution is in place.
• Manage routine maintenance and reactive maintenance to HVAC units, Electrical works, Lifts, Security services, Generators, Plumbing, ensuring equipment operates optimally and to escalate faults to vendor and manage repairs to provide feedback to Facilities Manager. Ensure correct certification is obtained on completion of electrical work.
• Manage routine Cleaning services, Hygiene, Pest Control ensuring schedules are adhered to and periodically reviewed to optimize services/personnel
• Managing office maintenance ensuring painting, windows, blinds, workstations, structural, ceilings, walls, flooring are maintained according to organizational standards
• Conduct Monthly meetings with service providers
• Manage scheduled compulsory weekend work at various locations supporting student lecture venues
• Manage Adhoc projects from planning through to commissioning
• Supports the Occupational Health and Safety committee by attending meetings and ensure all facilities related items are addressed and updates are communicated back to the committee
• Manage the Stores, store orders, issuing items to departments i.e. stationary, cleaning consumables and confectionary
• Process all overtime payments
• Support to other office locations’ maintenance irregularities, reactive and proactive.
• Space management/planning and office moves
• Coordinate Facilities General assistants Adhoc maintenance works
• Liaising with Landlord and municipality when external corrective action is required
• Manage company vehicle fleet ensuring the vehicles are mechanically, electronically, bodywork, interior is maintained and without defects. To manage the vehicle licenses ensuring they are up to date.
• To work overtime and weekends depending on work deadlines and functions
Driver pick up/drop off duties
• Assist with driver pick up duties
• Assist with driver drop off duties
• Assist with ad hoc driving requests by management
• Ensure compliance and adherence to road rules when utilizing the office vehicle
• Administration Duties, capture dispatch details on MANMIS
• Dispatching of study material to students
• Dispatching of study material to regions
• Assist students or colleagues with telephonic queries
• Assist students or colleagues with email queries
• Packing of study material on shelves before dispatching
• Franking of letters going out with the post office
• Capturing dispatch details on MANMIS
• Assisting lecturers with study material for lectures
• Liaise with couriers on queries regarding delivery of study material
• Order stationery from the couriers (Bags & Labels)
• Matric or related qualification
• Minimum 3 Years Facilities Management experience
• Working in fast –paced environment
• Working within the team and independent
• Good understanding of Technical, Hard & Soft Services in the build environment
• Experience in facilities management in an educational environment
• Experienced in working on construction projects
After hours and Saturday work may be required.
Special or ad-hoc projects may be allocated as determined by the institution’s operational requirements.