This person is responsible for the 1st line support and installation of the Hosted IPABX systems and One Net business at the customer site. This person will also install and support Cisco customer edge (CPE) routers and Ascidian NID devices. In the Lan environment, this person must have the ability to fault find and configure switches. This job also requires that we “rack and stack” network equipment in the VB, CDN and Transmission POPS. This is not Limited to a product line and this person must be able to research other network products and equipment that is unknown to him/her and work independently. This person must be able to liaise with client and sales force to do high level pre-sales consulting. This person must also be able to identify other business opportunities which could possibly generate additional revenue for StorTech at various client sites.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Involvement in the support and implementation Hosted IP PBX, One Net Business and Customer Edge routers within the enterprise.
• Resolve with the assistance of Vodacom CSOC any customer site, WAN or LAN issues on the mentioned and other network related products.
• Complete Installation certificates, Service Request Documents and update the StorTech Cherwell ticketing systems.
• Liaise with various departments within Vodacom Business including CSOC.
• Keep accurate records as required by StorTech
• Provide accurate and true updates to the CSOC, PMO and client.
1. Qualifications & Education Requirements
• Matric/Grade 12
• IT Qualification - Preferably CCNA or CCNP in routing and switching and/or Voice.
• Any other Networking or Voice Certifications other than Cisco Certifications like Huawei, HP, Juniper, Polycom etc.
2. Experience Required
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in ISP (MPLS) services, or Telecommunications, Networking, VoIP and Video, Wi-Fi products
• Solid reference’s
• Pre-sales or Solution Architect capabilities
• Design solutions for clients.
3. Knowledge & Skills Required
• Ability to take ownership
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, Verbal & Written skills
• Ability to work in a changing environment
• Basic telephone techniques
• Problem solving & analysis
• Analytical thinking
• People skills
• Solid administration and paperwork skills and responsibilities
4. Key Behaviours & Competencies
• Has demonstrated the ability to work well with others.
• Team work ethic.
• An excellent communicator and collaborator
• Willingness to learn
• Positive attitude
• Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
• Following Instructions and procedures
• Learning and researching
• Strong, positive, capable and self-disciplined individual
• Leadership potential
• Fast thinker and fast learner
5. Special Requirements
• Working hours Mon. – Fri. 08h00 – 17h00.
• SLA with client is 24x7x 365
• The engineer will be required to be on standby, do calls after hours or over weekends and public holidays.
• Must have a reliable vehicle to travel within the area based but also within the province of presence.
(NB: Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful)