Account Payables/Drawing of cheques/EFT:
1. Safekeeping of cheque books and filing of processed cheques returned by the bank.
2. Reconcile creditor invoices and statements with the creditor’s ledger, identify discrepancies and anomalies and resolve where necessary.
3. Verify all invoices received from suppliers for authenticity.
4. Load banking details of suppliers on Evolution.
5. Prepare cheques/EFT with the attached reconciliation and invoices for the relevant signatories to check and sign.
6. Prepare payments monthly
7. Reconcile the creditors control account on a monthly basis.
1. Update the bank transaction on Evolution for all of the MCIS bank accounts.
2. Prepare the funding requirements between the call account and the current account.
3. Process the transactions and update the cashbooks on Evolution.
4. Request final bank statements for all bank accounts including the call account and process relevant entries such as interest received and bank charges on Evolution.
1. Update fixed assets register.
2. Prepare list of assets for insurance requirements annually in consultation with HR.
1. Receive stock in Evolution accounting system as and when received.
2. Maintain and process all suppliers, product codes, and pricing on the Evolution accounting systems. Amendments will be effected on written authority from Executive Director.
3. Capture invoices once Stock Controller has packed orders.
4. Reconcile the Inventory on Hand account on a monthly basis.
1. Process all correcting entries
2. Monitor and process the issuing of stationery to the various projects.
3. Submit and reconcile all statutory returns. E.g. VAT, Tax, EMP 201 and COIDA
4. Keep rental agreement file up to date.
5. Carry out any ad-hoc functions as and when required by the Finance Manager or the Executive Director.
• A tertiary qualification in Finance or Bookkeeping
• 2-3 years Finance Administration experience
• An understanding of Pastel Evolution will be an advantage
• Must have sound knowledge of relevant Finance legislation and statutory requirements
• Must be able to analyse, evaluate and report on Finance activities in the organisation
• Ability to work unsupervised