The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is a non-governmental organisation that envisions societies that are peaceful, equal and free from violence. CSVR aims to understand and prevent violence, heal its effects and build sustainable peace at community, national and regional levels. We do this through collaboration with and learning from the lived and diverse experiences of communities affected by violence and conflict to inform innovative interventions, generate knowledge, shape public discourse, influence policy, hold states accountable and promote gender equality, social cohesion and active citizenship.
Based in Johannesburg, The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) seeks to appoint a
FINANCE DEPARTMENT MANAGER
The Finance Department Manager must have at least 10 years finance experience, experience in financial management including working with grant compliance, management and reporting to multiple donors, including one or more government donors (e.g. USAID, DfID, EU, Danish, German, Dutch governments). The position will entail a full-time one-year contract, renewable depending on funding.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
• Set targets for funding and financial investments to ensure organisational sustainability
• Manage the development of systems, processes, and procedures for efficient management of organisational finances and regional work
• Manage all financial reporting in accordance with board and donor reporting requirements, and in line with the International Finance Reporting Standards
• Develop and monitor the implementation of policies in accordance with International Finance Reporting standards (IRFS)to maximise project impact and enhance CSVR’s credibility and image with donors
• Manage the implementation of the organisational strategy and plans for Finance programme.
• Manage organisational and project finance audits
The Finance Department Manager must meet the following criteria:
• Professional accounting qualification (Chartered Accountant, CMA, CIA, CIMA, ACCA or the like) /Master’s degree in Accounting, and business administration or equivalent.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in finance
• At least 3 years’ experience in financial management including working with grant compliance, management and reporting to multiple donors, including one or more government donors (e.g. USAID, DfID, EU, Danish, German, Dutch governments).
• Experience in working in an NGO across cultures, preferably in the continent
• Strategic management
• Problem solving
• Compliance oversight
• People management
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Tuesday 21st September 2021