PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
The Financial Controller is responsible for all hotel accounting and financial controls under the supervision of the General Manager, under functional guidance of the Corporate Controller, within the policies and procedures as outlined in ECOMAN, according to Corporate policies and procedures, and according to local requirements and regulations. In addition, the job incumbent controls the overall hotel costs by managing the purchasing function. The function should be proactive, analyzing, and recommending alternative action in every respect, and operates in line with hotel and corporate policies and guidelines, and the hotel’s business plan.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Employ, motivate, manage and lead the Accounting, IT and Purchasing department of 8-10 people, providing positive leadership and ensuring constant training and coaching.
• Preparation of the yearly budget and monthly update of the forecast.
• To maintain, implement and control all Standard Operational Procedures for his / her department.
• Ensure that company meets all audit requirements as required by Rezidor as well as external auditors.
• Preparation of the financial statement required by law and monthly reporting to Head Office (Profit & Loss Account) and comparison with budget and forecasts.
• In charge of all legal and insurance matters in the company (contract with the suppliers, lessee, etc.)
• Cash flow management.
• Check payroll on a monthly basis.
• Will be required to do duty management shifts.
• Dual reporting to Owner and Rezidor.
• Degree (or equivalent) in Accounting and/or Finance essential.
• Minimum 5 years’ professional experience with at least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position as Financial or Assistant Financial Controller.
• Excellent command of English- both written and oral.
• Advanced level of Computer literacy, especially in Excel as well as excellent knowledge of Microsoft Opera, Accpac. SAP and Materials Control (would be an advantage).
• Highly motivated, enthusiastic and approachable with a Yes I Can! attitude.
• Ability to work at all levels or an organization
• Experience with Asset Registers.
• Willingness to improve and develop the operation against high objectives.
• Able to work independently with limited direction and the flexibility to react to changing priorities in a dynamic business environment.