Contribute to the overall strategic direction and management of THE CLIENT thus ensuring the financial wellbeing of the company.
To proactively direct and manage the commercial activities of the company and advise the CEO and Senior Management Team on the financial aspects of the company’s operations.
Oversee the management of IT and Supply Chain Management to ensure good integration and coordination with THE CLIENT’S strategic objectives.
To participate as a member of the Senior Management Team and contribute to THE CLIENT’S strategic and operational performance.
• Knowledge of South African Tax legislation
• Advanced knowledge of SAP preferable
• Practical knowledge of Microsoft Applications with advanced Excel skills
• A minimum of 5 years' managerial experience in a senior role.
• Proven experience in a similar financial leadership role
Specific Operational Requirements
• The successful candidate will be required to work an 8-hour day between 08h00 to 16h00 and may be required to work overtime to meet the business needs
Summary of Key Performance Areas
• Board and Committee Membership
o Participate on THE CLIENT’S Board as an executive director and on-Board Committees as required,
• Contract Management
o Ensure contracts are in keeping with THE CLIENT and accepted corporate fiscal policies
o Provide strategic commercial insight into reviewing and/or structuring contracts
• Company Strategy
o Participate in the CLIENT’S strategic process and advise on financial implications of strategic alternatives
• Financial Strategy
o Formulate THE CLIENT’S Financial strategy in line with THE CLIENT’S Strategic Plan to optimize THE CLIENT’S financial resources and sustainability
o Develop and implement appropriate financial policies, procedures and metrics
• Negotiations Actively participate in Substantive Negotiations
• Staff Management
o Aligning and setting divisional, departmental and individual objectives in order to meet financial objectives.
o the effective management, training and development of staff
• Management Accounting
o Review and approve monthly Finance reports on management accounts. Monitoring and reporting on business performance and general ledger reconciliations
• Financial Control/Treasury Management
o Authorisation of creditor and payroll expenses
o Approving of customer credit limits, including credit management in the event of non-payment by customers.
o Monitor cash flows on a regular basis and prepare cash forecasts in order to ensure adequate business working capital requirements
o Ensure banking facilities offered meet the business needs and manage investments where necessary.
o Evaluation and approval of capital expenditure, including advising on financing decisions to optimise cash flow and returns
• Supply Chain Management (SCM)
o Formulate THE CLIENT’S SCM Strategy in line with THE CLIENT’S strategic plan to optimize THE CLIENT’S resources and sustainability and ensure the integration and functioning of good supply chain management practice
• Information Technology (IT)
o Formulate IT strategy and represent Information Technology governance to the CLIENT’S Board as implemented at THE CLIENT.
• Risk Management and Compliance
o Evaluate and review THE CLIENT’S insurance cover to ensure adequate cover for all classes of assets, THE CLIENT employees and Public liability.
o Advise CEO and THE CLIENT’S Management of financial impact of non-financial business risks that have been identified.
o Evaluate impact of changes in accounting, tax and other practices on THE CLIENT’S and its financial performance.
o Generating, evaluating and implementing actions to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and Best Practice, including but not limited to IFRS, the Income Tax Act, the Non-Profit Organizations Act, BBBEE, Labour Relations Act, and VAT Act.
• Business Plans and Company Budget
o Prepare medium- and long-term business plans for THE CLIENT in keeping with THE CLIENT’S strategic plans as amended
o Ensure compliance with all SARS regulations
• Strong communication • Leadership skills • Ability to work under pressure • Planning and organizing • Negotiation skills • Strong attention to detail and accuracy • Able to proactively identify and resolve problems • Analytical and problem-solving skills • Responsible and accountable • Ability to work in collaborative team environment • Commercial acumen
• Demonstrates Company Culture and Values