One of South Africa’s leading furniture and appliance retailers, has the following vacancy Based in Ladysmith KZN
• Achieve high standards of Financial Services, internal control and compliance at division and branch level.
• Provide supervision of, and monitor staff within the applicable regulatory requirements.
• Be able to provide constructive feedback to the Financial Services Manager.
• Reporting findings to the Financial Services Manager monthly.
• Coach/guide and train Financial Services staff (especially new staff).
• Implement Financial Services policies and procedures.
• Follow up and action internal control and compliance matters timely and efficiently.
• Monitor the continuous professional development of Financial Services for Divisional staff and appraise.
• Provide/ensure staff receive regular training.
• Experience in financial services relating to insurance.
• Experience in the Legislative environment, NCA, FAIS etc. would be an advantage.
• Experience in a retail environment.
• Demonstrate effective staff motivation and training skills.
• Excellent planning and coordinating skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all staff as well as executive management.
• Sound communication skills in English.
• Demonstrate extraordinary attention to detail.
• Basic computer experience (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, etc.)
• A recognized Diploma or Degree (preferred Legal/Legislative/Compliance and Risk would be an advantage)
• Successfully completed the Regulatory Level RE1 FAIS Exam for Key Individuals or applicable FAIS Regulatory Exam RE5 for Representatives.
• Working knowledge and understanding of applicable Financial Services Acts and Regulations.
• A valid driver’s license.
• Position involves extensive travelling and sleeping out.
Successful candidates are invited to submit a cv application in Word or PDF format.
It is important to note, only cv's received clearly stating "Financial Services Supervisor (FSS)" will be viewed during the recruitment process.