Letaba Citrus Processors complies with all required specification and standards and regulations applicable to food safety, quality systems and products.
They are looking for a Food safety Officer to assist with:
* to ensure compliance with and adhere to the customer specifications and requirements and legal requirements.
* Oversee statistical process control of food safety.
* Effectively and efficiently manage and control risks in a pro-active manner
* Provide technical support on fruit processing, blended products and food safety system application.
* Manage, monitor and control pre-requisite programmes and process verifications.
* Comply with company policies, procedures, practices and rules regarding health and safety, food safety, quality control, food safety systems and any safety standard set by a Client or the company.
* Conduct internal and external audits with regards to systems processes, standards, compliance and non-compliance.
* Ensure record keeping and accessibility of information and records for auditing purposes.
* Conduct and record regular plant inspections and on-the-job training sessions related to food safety improvement opportunities identified.
* Co-ordinate non-conformance reports, investigations and root cause analysis. Actively follow-up on outstanding corrective actions and give regular feedback to departments on outstanding actions.
* Develop and control of documented management systems and appropriate controls to ensure compliance to relevant standards.
* Monitor critical control points to actively ensure risk control.
BSc Degree in Food Science or BTech Degree in Food Technology/Bio Technology or Micro Biology a must.
Knowledge of or exposure to FSSC 22000 and or ISO 9001 would be an advantage
Must have at least 3 years’ related working experience.
Assist in documenting processes in line with Pre-Requisite Programmes and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point requirements for adequate identifica
Computer literate in MS Excel – essential.
Procedural and systematic, conscientious and disciplined.
Attention to detail.
Knowledge on auditing practices