An exciting opportunity exists for a newly qualified graphic designer to join a multinational organisation on a 12-month internship. The successful candidate will assist in developing visual concepts, using computer software, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform or captivate the company’s customers. This function will entail assisting with maintaining all printed materials (e.g. packaging, POS, signage, web and all corporate ID) The intern designer will work with other members of their team and marketing department to visually convey a particular message, idea or concept.
• Assist with the management & maintenance of all printed and digital materials (e.g.
• packaging, point of sale and all corporate ID)
• Management and maintenance of photography processes
• Gather and collate quotations and their processes
• Deep etching product images
• Assisting with working on a design brief from Graphic Designer
• Assisting with image bank management and maintenance.
• Sending products for and editing of photography and other images.
• Sending images to sales team on the road/buyers/managers etc.
• Sourcing quotes for ad hock jobs and managing the communication process thereafter
• Creating Point of Sale as per CI and individual category manager requirements (either
• from existing elements or from scratch)
• Assist with amending artwork, packaging, presentations and imagery or making running
• Aid in creating and managing web site banners, as well as updates regularly.
• Gather and organize translations for multi-lingual packaging and instructions.
• Assisting the Graphic Designer with any administration processes relating to the job
Knowledge of graphic design software and tools, including:
• Adobe InDesign
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe Photoshop
• Mac OS proficient
• Understanding of the printing process and specifications
• Familiarity with production and rendering methods, understanding of die-lines,
• photography, web and social media
• Creative thinking skills
• Proficient in English
• Relevant diploma or degree in graphic design
• Portfolio of work must be presented.
• Mac OS proficient
• Have proficient computer skills and knowledge, be creative, with an eye for detail
• Be able to priorities a varied workload
• Work well under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Software experience, such as Adobe Photoshop / InDesign / Illustrator, etc.
• Must have excellent time management skills as he/she will be working on deadlines from
• the senior designer and within each business unit for different Category Managers.