This position has become available at the offices of Oceana Group Limited and will be located at Oceana House, 25 Jan Smuts Avenue, Cape Town due to the resignation of the current Group Accountant. This position reports to the Senior Group Accountant.
* Consolidation of divisional submissions for monthly group reporting, quarterly forecasts and annual budgets,
* Update year-end audit packs for changes during the year and consolidation of divisional submissions,
* Reconciliation of group intercompany balances on a monthly basis,
* Preparation of board and audit committee books for the respective meetings on a quarterly basis,
* Assist with board slide preparation for quarterly meetings for the Group Financial Director,
* Preparation of SENS announcement and press advert at half year and year end,
* Communicating and querying results with divisions and following up on outstanding deliverables,
* Assist in the process of the Annual General Meeting for the group which occurs in February each year, counting votes and tabulating the outcome of resolutions passed with the assistance of the external auditors,
* Development and implementation of accounting policies for the group in compliance with IFRS and JSE requirements,
* Management and oversight of the two employee share trusts including preparing monthly accounts, quarterly forecasts and trustee reports, annual budgets, audit packs and financial statements,
* Determining subsidiary / company dividend payments taking into account tax, financial structuring and other considerations,
* Assist with tax management and compliance for OGL, subsidiaries and the share trusts,
* Assist and prepare the provisional tax calculations for the share trusts and review the same for OGL,
* Assist, prepare and submit tax returns for subsidiaries and the share trusts and review the same for OGL,
* Participation in information systems development, particularly development of SAP Business Planning and Consolidation Module,
* Assist in developing group policies and procedures around internal financial governance,
* Assisting with the preparation of company annual financial statements,
* Liaising with external auditors,
* Participation in ad-hoc financial projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
* High degree of technical accounting and tax knowledge
* The position will appeal to individuals with analytical skills, a passion for figures, complemented by communication, leadership, administration and report writing skills
* Above average attention to detail and accuracy
Qualifications & Experience
* Qualification - CA (SA) essential
* Experience in interpretation and application of IFRS
* Experience in preparing company annual financial statements would be an advantage
* Experience with SAP Business Planning and Consolidation Module would be an advantage.
In support of the company's Employment Equity Plan, applicants from designated groups will be given preference for this position.
Interested parties meeting the above criteria are requested to upload a brief CV on Oceana Careers , subsequent to a discussion with their Line Manager.
Closing date for applications : 17 November 2017
If you are not contacted within two weeks of closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful