1) Core Purpose
Main focus will be to oversee the Group Schemes Agents for both Post and Pre-Sale.
You are required to have the necessary people skills to guide your team into meeting certain goals. Your group's performance is a mirror of your management skills. The position requires reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to the General Manager as well as to the Director on all aspects encompassing Group Schemes.
2) Key Role Outputs
* Maintain daily, weekly and monthly reports on productivity/ activities/ financials. Feedback to be submitted to the General Manager as well as Director.
* Investigating and solving Customers' problems, which may be complex or long-standing.
* Supervise a team of professionals in the assigned group to achieve business goals.
* Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
* Maintain profitable relationship with existing and potential customers.
* Ensure that staff stays up-to-date with business and product knowledge.
* Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity provide and appropriate feedback.
* Organize training for staff in their assigned job responsibilities.
* Prepare and control operational budgets. Control inventory. Plan effective strategies for the financial wellbeing of the company.
* Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in the organization.
* Motivate and supervise staff to meet departmental goals.
* Assist in interviewing, hiring and training new candidates.
* Ensure that team follows company quality and service standards.
* Determine staffing needs and develop work plan based on work volume.
* Participate in employee retention and termination activities.
* Prepare annual budget and review business contractual agreements and financial statements.
* Evaluate current business processes and recommend improvements.
* Enforce employee discipline and safety standards.
* Travel will be required either for customer or staff meetings in and around Gauteng and to the Flora branch on a regular basis
3) Mandatory Qualifications
* Matric or NQF equivalent.
* Higher Certification in Insurance.
* 5 - 10 Years Management experience.
* Knowledge in the Medical Insurance Industry.
4) Mandatory Experience/Exposure
* Experience and knowledge in Medical Insurance benefits, internal processes, and policies.
* Customer management experience.
* Experience in Group Insurance underwriting or financials (a plus).
* Strong customer service focus.
* A detail-orientated individual with strong analytic, organization and time management skills.
* Strong follow-up skills to ensure resolution and closure.
* Ability to work independently and be self-accountable to deliver a high level of performance.
* Strong communication skills that can be effective working in person as well as in remote situations.
* Understands customers' objectives, processes, and products in order to make educated recommendations.
* Great partnership skills with all areas of Medical Insurance (i.e., Contracts, Underwriting, Claims, Customer Service, Medical Underwriting, Legal) to satisfy customer's expectations.
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
* Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management.
* Client-Focused: Consistently delivering high quality service with resilience and resourcefulness.
5) Advantageous Experience/Exposure
* FAIS 150 Credits.
* Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience and a proven track record with demonstrated advancement in leadership roles.
6) Knowledge and Skills
* Excellent communication skills . This is one of the most important skills for any sales manager or even sales staff to possess. The members of a sales team interact directly with the client and are often the first people a potential client meets with. Hence, it is essential for a group sales manager to be able to communicate effectively and persuasively
* A good sense of business
* Good organizational skills
* Ability to work under deadlines and often under pressure
* Ability to take initiative
* High level of Compliancy
* The ability to delegate work . You work in a team and you should learn to work AS a team. A manager cannot be expected to do the sales activity for the whole team all by himself. You should learn how to delegate work among your subordinates and hence maximize your own performance while at the same time ensure that the team as a whole achieves its goal
* The ability to focus on others . To become a successful group sales manager, you have to able to focus on the other person instead of yourself
* Good leadership skills . A team is only as good as its leader. As a group sales manager, you will have a number of people working under you and the responsibility of their performance lies with you. Hence, it is your job to motivate them and help them achieve their goals and you can only do this if you have the leadership abilities
* High levels of energy . A sales job can be quite hectic at times as any sales professionals will tell you. Hence, you need to have lots of energy to be able to cope with the demands of the job
* Good judge of character . As a group sales manager, you will have to fire and hire people. During the hiring process, you should be able to accurately assess whether the candidate will be a good match for the job. Also, a manager must know when and how to remove an employee from the team so that the negative repercussions are minimal
* A sales manager should also have good negotiation skills
* Willingness to travel . A sales job is not always desk-bound and can involve a lot of travel at short notice. Hence, the manager has to be willing to travel when and where the job demands
* A team player . One should always try and be a good team player, but this quality is especially important in the field of sales. Sales is a profession where there is place for only team players. People who are used to working solo will find it very difficult
* Knowledge of computer software like MS Office and Excel will be an additional bonus
NOTE: Applicants will be selected according to the vacancy criteria.
Interested individuals may submit their CVs to the HR Department via email: