• Individual Biomechanical/Scientific Assessment/Testing (Diers Motion Lab) and Exercise Prescription;
• Using Biomechanics and objective data in … Injury Rehabilitation, Injury Prevention, Sport Performance, Chronic Conditions, and Health;
• Reports for patient file, and Reports to applicable Medical Specialists;
• Actively monitor and provide close supervision of patients;
• Help different individuals who want to improve their health and musculoskeletal health – Through exercise therapy;
• Operationally manage the clinical platform(s) of the Division of Biokinetics and Sport Science;
• Management and maintenance of equipment of G.J. Sport Science cc;
• General administrative support in/at G.J. Sport Science cc.
• Honours in Biokinetics and/or Sport and Exercise Science or equivalent;
• Registration with the Health Professions Council of South as biokineticist (if applicable);
• At least five years’ practice experience in Biokinetics and/or Sport and Exercise Science;
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
• Computer skills including MS Office, (Word, Excel, Power Point);
• Appropriate language and communication skills - English and Afrikaans (Other – Added Benefit);
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Sessions and Reports);
• Passionate and driven with an exceptional work ethic;
• Confident communicator with excellent interpersonal and client management skills;
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
• Experience in Biokinetics practice management (if applicable);
• Experience in Sport Science centre/practice management (if applicable);
• Have a particular passion for Biomechanics.
• Up-to-date Knowledge – Biomechanics, Injury Prevention, Injury Rehabilitation, and Special Populations.
• Qualified in Sports Massage and experience.
• Technical experience (Machines and systems).