• To protect SAMSA Information System assets by identifying and remediating potential and actual security threats, vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
• To take full responsibility for the SAMSA Information System Security including but not limited to defining the Security Strategy as well as to develop and Implement the information security roadmap and align with IT Strategy & Policies.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Management & Governance
• Security Policy Enforcement and Monitoring (Operational)
• Maintain the IT Security Policy, Security Procedures and Standards and provide guidance consistent with the entity’s requirements.
• Serve as an advisory role in application development and infrastructure projects to assess security requirements and controls and ensure that security controls are implemented as planned.
• Deliver on Governance, Security Awareness, Stakeholder satisfaction, Assessment and Review Reports.
• Knowledge of South African Information Security regulations and ensure adherence to any country specific regulatory requirement and benchmarks with industry.
• Enforce IT security policies and procedures within SAMSA.
• Develop and maintain IT Risk Register & Security Awareness and Compliance Training Programs with IT staff, and SAMSA employees in all offices.
• Establish a process for identifying, tracking and reporting security incidents
• Conduct reviews of all systems to ensure that effective IT security policies are in place for each system.
• Conduct regular review of administrator’s actions on operating systems and application level to ensure that no unauthorized changes on the systems, and ensure correct procedures are followed, in line with management’s instructions and intentions.
• Ensure that security assessment and penetration test are conducted regularly.
• Preparation of monthly/quarterly and annual report
• NQF Level 6 - National Diploma or Advanced Certificate (240 or 360 credits)
• Must be Certified in any of the two Courses below:
o Ethical Hacking,
o ISACA CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
o CISSP (Certified Information System Security Professional)
5-7 years’ relevant working experience
• Knowledge of Cyber security
• Knowledge of industry best practice e.g. ITIL and COBIT
• Firewall Administration Experience
• IT Security environment
• Solid knowledge of Information Security principles and practices.
• Intrusion detection systems
• Good presentation skills
• Open –minded person
• Good communication skills
• Time Management
People who applied previously do not need to re-apply as their applications will be considered.
As we are committed to Employment Equity in our employment practices, it is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our Equity objectives. Preference will be given to members of the designated groups to achieve the objectives of Employment Equity.
Please note: SAMSA reserves the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. No late applications will be considered. Psychometric and other assessments may be used as part of the selection process and all shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for the tests. If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date as mentioned above, kindly deem your application unsuccessful.