The Information Services Team at our Fund Managers is looking for an IS Support Specialist who will be required to perform operations, configuration and maintenance on production systems. The successful candidate will also be responsible for problem tracking, management and reporting
**NB: The working hours for this role are 8am to 5pm**
1. Responsible for ensuring that automated and data distribution processes are executed in timely manner and adhere to service level agreements for both internal and external business clients.
2. Document all automated and data distribution processes, service level agreements and escalation procedures.
3. Perform all relevant predefined support and maintenance requests.
4. Ensure optimal infrastructure operations.
5. Escalate all relevant incidents and errors to applicable second and third line support.
6. Document all incidents, errors and workarounds in the register.
7. Conduct trend analysis on incidents and problems to identify problem areas.
8. Proactively implement appropriate measures, tools and systems to monitor availability of service components and data.
9. Work closely with teams to ensure a continuous, stable and efficient environment.
1. Microsoft SQL Management Studio
2. Application monitoring support
3. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Relevant diploma or degree
1. Attention to detail and methodical.
2. Efficient and accurate execution of core job aspects.
3. Ability to quickly learn new technologies and processes.
4. Ability to work weekends and/or evenings.
5. Self-starter, proactive, flexible and determined.
6. Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
1. Ability to work under pressure, time management and to be able to multi-task multiple projects.
2. Ability to interact with the development team to identify and resolve incidents and problems.
1. Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL Programming
2. Knowledge of Microsoft Reporting tools (SSRS, Crystal Reports) to enable dashboard reporting
3. Knowledge of Object Orientated Languages such as C#
4. Knowledge of monitoring tools such as SCOM, OpManager, IP-Mon, AppDynamic, ManageEngine
5. Knowledge of automation tools such as ActiveBatch
6. Knowledge of using coding/scripting (PowerShell) to automate/reduce time taken to complete manual tasks