Alignment with StorTech’s values: integrity, professionalism, innovation, service excellence, diversity & teamwork.
This person is responsible for the 2nd line Windows system administration support at customer site. Administer the Windows environment, deliver new infrastructure in support of initiatives, projects, monitoring and optimisation of implemented systems.
To provide technical support services such as daily administration tasks, design, planning, installation, modification and maintenance to the client, in alignment with Stortech’s standards. Operates closely with customer to determine requirements and resolve problems. Co-operates with sales and support personnel on customer requirements and needs.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Involvement in the support and implementation of Windows OS within the enterprise (Production, Test, QA, Development)
• Including Installations, upgrades, patching, security, storage management and performance management where necessary
• Building, configuration and upgrading of Windows server software and related products (Physical & Virtual)
• Perform Windows system tuning, performance monitoring and capacity management
• Perform general technical trouble shooting and give consultation
• Proactive approach to Security: patch management and vulnerability management, review, monitor & remediate system in compliance with EIT security standards
• Backup and Recovery(Netbackup)
• Monitor / resolve service requests & incidents.
• Daily, weekly & monthly system checks and reporting.
• Implement Windows OS, monitoring and data protection in compliance with system architecture standards
• Liaise with various departments within the customer including Networks, Cabling, Storage, Database, Security, Facilities, Backup and Recovery, IS, Test and Dev as well as Change and Release Management for day-to-day system administration, effectively and in accordance with customer guidelines, standards and policies.
• Provides general technical consulting on systems to customers and field service engineers.
• Assist/mentor junior and new staff members in technical functions.
• Involved/technical lead/design projects when required.
• Research and continues learning
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Grade 12 with Maths (Required)
• MCSE 2012 or similar qualification in Windows environment(Required)
• ITIL Foundation certified (Preferred)
• ICT Security certification (Security+ Preferred)
• BMC Certified Professional (BSA Preferred)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security or a related study (Bonus/Preferred) 3. Experience required
• Candidate should have a minimum of 4 years of experience in ICT, with at least 2 years in Windows System administration and 1 year in system security (Essential)
• Server Automation using BMC BladeLogic experience (Essential)
• Experience in administering enterprise-scale Windows environments (Physical & Virtual) (Essential)
• VMware & VCentre experience (Essential)
• Candidate should have experience in hardware, system software, storage and networking.
• Powershell scripting experience
• Backup and recovery experience
• Good understanding of Security & Compliance
• Vulnerability Management
• Patch Management
• SOX Compliance experience (Preferred)
• PCI Compliance experience (Bonus)
4. Knowledge and skills required
• Good knowledge of hardware, software, application and systems engineering
• Good understanding and the willingness to grow knowledge within Windows OS administration & surrounding technologies
• Ability to take ownership
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, Verbal & Written. Researching and Documentation abilities
• People Skills: Has demonstrated the ability to work well with others, team work ethic.
• Proven track record of previous experience on system administration support
• Analytical Thinking, Troubleshooting, Problem Solving & Analysis
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
• Key Strengths;
o Ability to cope with change and changing environment
o Attitude: Positive attitude towards challenges, and a goal to grow in all areas including personal life. Willingness to learn
o Ownership and accountability
o Respect – everybody wants to be respected & without respect StorTech cannot function effectively 5. Special Requirements
• Working hours Mon. – Fri. 08h00 – 17h00
• Must be prepared to work overtime or be allocated to standby.
• Driver’s license and own transport required
(NB: Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful)