Title: Internal Audit Manager: SEM South: Group Internal Audit
Brief Description :
Amazing opportunity for a CA (SA) to join South African's Market leader in the General Insurance.
This International Financial Services Company offers a lot of career growth and would put you on the forefront of Corporate Finance.
* Chartered Accountant South Africa (CA) SA
* 3 - 5 years of auditing experience of which 2 years have been on a supervisory level. (Life Insurance experience will be an advantage)
* Diploma/Degree in Internal Auditing or related subjects plus 7 years' experience
Experience, Skills and Competencies Requirements
* Understand the professional guidance for internal auditors.
* Understand the objectives and basic process flow of major business processes within a financial services company.
* Understand the King Codes on Corporate Governance and its recommendations as it specifically relates to internal audit and risk management.
* Understand of governance and risk management practices and being able to advise on these areas.
Understand internal control including (but not limited to the following):
* Knowledge on how to perform a systems review and how to draw up an audit programme.
* Understand the role of control models.
* Understand sampling.
* Understand basic IT general controls and being able to lead IT integration on an application level.
* Understand basic "project auditing".
- A minimum of 8 weeks of travelling (minimum requirement for all audit manager roles).
Job Description :
Audit planning - Align the audit effort with the strategy, objectives and emerging risks of the Cluster.
* Perform overall risk analysis of the cluster.
* Design an overall audit plan that is aligned with the risk profile and strategic objectives of the business.
* Negotiate and contract the annual audit plan and budget with senior management and the audit committee.
* Regular communication to the EXCO members.
* Understand sources and trends in profits and profit drivers influencing it.
Execution of the annual audit plan and developing audit plans for new clients.
* Staff scheduling.
* Guidance on risk and control analysis.
* Approve audit programmes.
* General quality assurance on audit assignments.
* Guidance during the performance of ad-hoc audit requests.
* Provide guidance as to the practical implementation of the methodology.
* Integration with external audit requirements as appropriate.
Communication and reporting
* Rating of audit findings and obtain management comments on Priority 1 and 2 audit observations.
* Drafting, issuing and discussing audit management letters.
* Drafting of Financial and Risk Committee audit reports and attendance of these Committees.
* Timely communication with senior management of changes to audit plans as well as significant audit observations.
* Follow-up previous audit observations
* Overall conclusion on control environments
Client and Assurance relationships and networking
* Regular discussions with senior management regarding focus areas, progress with strategies and emerging and existing risks.
* Liaise with external auditors, risk management, forensics and compliance to ensure assurance provision is optimised for the client.
* Skills development and coaching.
* Staff management (performance evaluations, training & development, etc.)
* Provide input methodology and other best practices by performing the necessary research and maintaining/obtaining topical knowledge.
* Focussed team meetings.
* Creation of a learning culture.
* Achievement of employment equity targets.
* Effective successor planning.
* Fully support and implement departmental strategies including the standards for audit delivery.
For more information, please call or email
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful