PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The SPAR Group Ltd Kwa-Zulu Natal is seeking an unemployed tertiary graduate to join our Training Department at the KZN Distribution Centre. The successful candidate would gain work experience through a two year internship with a specific focus on learning and development of employees within our distribution centres and as a training service provider to retail stores under The SPAR Academy of Learning. The position is based in Phoenix Industrial Park, Durban.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Various functions that take place within the education, training and development field including all administration and preparation of all training related documentation, record keeping, project implementation, learner
support, customer service, facilitation etc.;
• Plan, co-ordinate and manage SETA accredited and non accredited projects from both the role of employer coordinating in-house projects and learnerships and that of an accredited training provider
providing numerous training programmes to customers;
• Functions of SDF (Skills Development Facilitator) and participate in related duties including training needs analysis and the preparation of annual Workplace Skills Plan submission;
• Marketing and promotion of training opportunities in-house and with external clients;
• Learn and execute the facilitation of training using a variety of methodologies;
• Support the HR Development team and our learners;
• Developing and maintain excellent relationships with service providers and all staff at our distribution centres and retail stores;
Note: This position is specifically for parties interested in the Learning and Development field of HR, NOT for graduates interested in Industrial Relations or Labour Law aspects of HR.
• Unemployed South African Citizen Graduate aged between 21 and 30 years;
• Matric plus a recently completed relevant Tertiary Qualification in the field of ETDP Education Training and Development Practitioner / Human Resources with
Training Management related subjects (Degree Highly advantageous). (Teaching qualifications for school pupils is not suitable)
• Not currently enrolled in any formal studies and prepared to complete function related formal training, if required, as part of learning process;
• A natural passion and enthusiasm for the learning and development field and an ability to quickly build rapport and engage with people is essential;
• Computer Literate, ability to work with Microsoft Office Programmes and data systems and to learn new software programmes;
• Excellent Communication Skills (verbal and written) and Interpersonal Skills to ensure a high level of customer service;
• Strong Administrative Skills, Pro-active, Use of Initiative, High Energy Levels and Attention to Detail is essential.
• Experienced driver with a Code 8 Drivers License and willingness and flexibility to travel throughout our KZN region.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to undergo psychometric assessments with our Industrial Psychologist and an interview process. Criminal checks will be done as well as academic record verification.
Selection is in line with SPAR’s Affirmative Action Policy.
Interested parties should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae and a letter of motivation as to why you think you would be suitable for this opportunity, together with certified copies of your South African ID / Drivers Licence / Matric Certificate with Statement of Results / Tertiary Academic Certificates with full Academic Transcript on an original letterhead stamped by the institution.